Jake's RB Clio Rs 197

Jakkehoop

Paid Member
So never done a build thread before so not really sure how often I should update it but I will just go with the flow

So after losing the love for my K20 swapped mk6 fiesta st build and braking it up for parts I started looking for a new toy after a few months I had decided a clio fit the bill of what I was looking for but could not decide if I wanted a 197 or 200 then a good friend of mine told me he was thinking about selling his 197 and getting a meg 275 trophy so that made my mind up rather quickly so I made the jump to the dark side and bought his racing blue 197 cup pack

The car come with a few mods already done
Ktec induction kit
Toyo exhaust manifold
Scorpion cat back exhaust
Power flex upper torque mount

Think the plan is to just have a fun well set up car that can do a few track days but still daily it if needed (we will see how long that lasts)

Got a few bits that need doing

Front wheel bearing needs replacing
Washer bottle has a small leak
Scuttle drains need cleaning out

3c22fe3b7170fd826ea7aa77894b8c0c.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
So had a spare hour or so today so thought I would have a little play with the clio

Bought one of these Moto cnc billet map sensor holders and some sensor cleaner as wanted to get rid of the cable ties that was around the map sensor lol
b583e394ed2954e053751fdbfd9b273b.jpg

The map sensor cleaner might work it might not but though I would give it a go [emoji2369]

Anyways after it was all cleaned out got to fitting the map sensor holder and its a nice fit to be fair
8161bad586ae59786abbd8caec0d6c5a.jpg

185220093107ce56046619505f2f3c0a.jpg

After that was all done I decided to get the good old heat gun out and remove the tints form the windows as never really been a fan of tinted windows and it definitely gives the car a cleaner look now they are removed

For anyone looking to remove window tints the easy way is a heat gun managed to remove all 3 tints without them ripping or leaving any glue on the windows [emoji1362]
82e844752d07cdcc7ebe2346513f3dfd.jpg

79f929832981c7d0337a1d586a0085ee.jpg

Definitely need to give her a good wash so fingers crossed Sunday the weather is ok

Got some more little update coming just waiting on a few parts to turn up

Last edited:
So nothing to exciting today

As the weather was nice ish today (not raining) treated the old girl to a wash along with my missus daily and a mates Meg 275 trophy
ae1f1cb4b8f6a42be27c6ecd8d99609e.jpg

a9305d8f636a3d52999c5419eb158517.jpg

Only down side to this was after we was all done I moved the car and noticed the passenger foot well carpet was a bit wet the scuttle drains was obviously blocked a lot more then we first though so set about stripping all that out and they was blocked solid
7f536ac904c2d997c0082086fc25e81f.jpg

9814f579cf818f17c36faefa6141bed8.jpg

So out come the 3/8 drive long extension and that worked a treat cleaned them out and all the water just flowed away nice and freely so after that decided to remove the wiper linkage and motor so I could give it a good clean
056d116980e5d1f0cd419174cc90d92b.jpg

dccb3f0efdf4485249315118535a7f3f.jpg

0672c44d1cd938ce59a3477a38bffde7.jpg

As I was removing it I notice that someone had broken the wiper linkage in the past and just used cable ties to try hold it in place

Good effort I guess [emoji2369]

bad82853a0b6097daaa44a56482f4915.jpg

3c60291ca7b0ad7fedeca6caf4c67514.jpg

Going to order a new one in the morning as I don’t really fancy putting it back in with cable ties lol

And the last thing for today was to remove the pcv valve and give that a Clean out after seeing [mention]Dystant [/mention] how to Guide that made it nice and easy and it was not that bad inside which was nice to see
376f40129603ed4c9c4a56e1fb3648ed.jpg

Just waiting on some powerflex bushes to turn up [emoji1694]

Last edited:
When my wiper linkage seized I bought a used linkage from eBay - but it turned up seized. I think that a genuine new linkage is really expensive. I searched for a few weeks and then managed to get a non-genuine linkage for about £45 from eBay. I was warned that the splines on the non-genuine linkage may be softer and not last as long - but for the price I was happy.

Reactions: Jakkehoop
When my wiper linkage seized I bought a used linkage from eBay - but it turned up seized. I think that a genuine new linkage is really expensive. I searched for a few weeks and then managed to get a non-genuine linkage for about £45 from eBay. I was warned that the splines on the non-genuine linkage may be softer and not last as long - but for the price I was happy.

Yea been looking tonight a genuine one is very expensive

That was my worry about buying a 2nd unit found a few aftermarket units that clam 5 years warranty so might give that a try see how it goes [emoji1360]

So managed to pick up a new genuine wiper linkage at a good price so that is all fitted and working perfectly

As I said in my last post I noticed the passenger side carpet was a bit damp so though I would check it out

All I have to say on that is I'm glad I did
5f868be2d6f2cef71c8fba0449a9b570.png

084879978bb343f16f4f501ed0d1648d.png

Had to screenshot form the video as I don’t know how to upload the video

So stripped out the front of the car and mopped up 99% of the water and will get the dehumidifier in there tomorrow and leave that running for a few day to draw out any more moisture fingers crossed it dry's it all up

Also while I was stripping the car I decided to remove the head unit box thing under the drivers seat will have to go pick up a nice new head unit for the car at some point

Sorry for the boring update as I said before never done a build/progress thread before and just want to document everything so it can be looked back on

Last edited:
Nice little puddle there! Did you find out where it was coming from?

Was debating buying some goldfish and having a little pond [emoji1787]

Well from how blocked the scuttle drains was and how much water was just sitting up there I’m 99.9% sure it was them causing the problem they are all cleaned out now and water flows away lovely so now time to dry the inside and see of it happens again fingers crossed it don't

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: strell
Remind me I need to check mine!

Some dehumidifier pads from Amazon will work a treat

I think it was a bit to much water for the pads dude I have removed the front carpet and foam that was all soaking wet so that is hanging up drying only bit I cannot remove is the foam that goes up behind the dash so might cut that out neatly let it dry out then put it all back in lol [emoji23]

I bought a 850ml household dehumidifier and have that running in the car so hope that draws out the moisture

I feel your pain I discovered a puddle in the same place and all the yellow foam was absolutely soaking, after I dried it out and thought it was all fixed the leak was actually from the door seal and it happened all over again,

Reactions: Jakkehoop
I feel your pain I discovered a puddle in the same place and all the yellow foam was absolutely soaking, after I dried it out and thought it was all fixed the leak was actually from the door seal and it happened all over again,

Was your scuttle drains blocked up at all ?

I’m 99% sure it is them that has cause the problem as they was block solid and the scuttle was full of water and the drivers side was a bit damp under the foam

I will have to check the door seals and keep a eye on them now

thank you for the heads up [emoji1360]

My scuttle was just mucky in the end no blocked, the problem on mine was the weather strip on the outside had a gap and the where the door card had been removed and put back on the membrane was not put back so water dripped through the screwheads onto the passenger footwell.

My scuttle was just mucky in the end no blocked, the problem on mine was the weather strip on the outside had a gap and the where the door card had been removed and put back on the membrane was not put back so water dripped through the screwheads onto the passenger footwell.

Do you mean the weatherstrip the sits along the rear window ?

I think I’m going to replace them as well now lol

No although thats split slightly at the bottom, i don`t think that does much. I mean the vertical rubber strip on the outside of the passenger door.

I would check the pollen filter as the water would have to go down through the fan assembly intake in the scuttle bay, you have a main loom connector on the passenger sill and across the floor to the fuel pump under the front face area of the back seat. Take out the carpets don't cut the foam it will be designed not to go moldy just expose it and the cars blow heater feet setting and time will dry it lift out the carpets and the other floor foams to track the source of the water unless you know how it got in. The white 200 car from Belfast had a leak it was down the wing mirrors onto the door speaker out the bottom of the door card into the car or the scuttle blockage even the cleaning process caused it as its a lot of water.

Reactions: Chocice
Another tip: if you want to know if it’s been leaking for a while is to check all the unpainted steel parts in the car for rust eg. Brackets behind dash and handbrake mechanism under the plastic cladding. Might have been leaking like that for a while.

Another tip: if you want to know if it’s been leaking for a while is to check all the unpainted steel parts in the car for rust eg. Brackets behind dash and handbrake mechanism under the plastic cladding. Might have been leaking like that for a while.

Thank you dude We had a look and lucky nothing seams to be rusty just a bit dusty so it don’t look like it’s been a long term thing [emoji1362]