Jake's Rb Clio 197

Rsjake

Paid Member
So as some of you will know i already had a account on here but for some reason i can not log in to it anymore and does not recognise my email so just opened a new account and actually saved and written down the password and email

So will carry on from here

Reactions: Beany
So as some of you know my 197 is just hidden away in the garage and has been for nearly 2 years now

personal life took over and becoming a first time dad kind of put a hold on all unnecessary stuff and unfortunately that meant the clio

But now is about the right time to get cracking with the clio and get it ready for next year

as the colder months are starting to set in i went and picked up a noco genius 5 trickle charger for halfords to keep the battery topped upIMG_4974.jpeg

in the next week or so i will be contacting alex at aw motorsport again and getting the clio booked in for timing belt and water pump + a gearbox rebuild with black lines lsd and then mapping after that is all done will bring the car back home and get the mountain of parts that i have accumulated over the last 2 years fitted that should take me up to early next year then it will be time to book a track day and actually enjoy it after sitting looking at it for all this time

updates should come thick and fast once the ball is rolling

Kind of got a little bit carried away and massaged alex @ aw motorsport to confirm his next booking so fingers crossed the clio will be booked in soon

Nice little package from pms today

new stud & nut conversation

Front 75mm studs
Rear 68mm studs

so will be selling my 90mm stud conversion amd 20mm spacer set up soon

also sold my Rs performance steering wheel and buttons so bought the blue & black sabelt renault sport steering wheel from volantech but just waiting on the new push button kit to turn up from them then will upload some pictures of them IMG_4988.jpeg

So after a few weeks i now have all the bits of volantech

Sabelt renault sport steering wheel
volantech 6 button kit
volantech hub kit

IMG_5126.jpeg
had to piece it altogether for the picture lol

Reactions: Beany and Onrus
So the dpd man made a stop at the house to today to drop off the new ttv flywheel from ktec racing

To be fair to ktec they done a super fast turn around on this ordered this late afternoon on friday and it was delivered monday afternoon

i do see some posts on facebook of people moaning about ktec but i have never had a issue with them anything i have ordered has always been here next working day and anyways really helpful when contacted

IMG_5188.jpeg

It was a big day for the clio today

First time driven on the road in over 2 years
+
Mot

Mot passed

now just need to drop it off to alex @ aw motorsport but unfortunately i have messed up my Saturday thinking i was off next saturday and turns out I'm not so going to drop alex a message and drop it off to him the following saturday

Will update when it's in alex's care
IMG_5230.jpeg

So slight change of plan due to my f**k up on weekends

car will now be getting dropped off to alex on the 6th of jan

might have to start adding to the pile of parts to fit when it comes back from him

Reactions: Tarticmonkey