Jake's RB Clio Rs 197

So been really busy with work and Parent life the last few weeks but had a spare 30 minute this afternoon so set about removing the Chrome clio and Renault sport badges off the boot lid

Some good old auto finesse oblitarate tar and glue remover combined with some dental floss worked a treat then a quick Polish and it’s come out better then I expected

Definitely need to order the black rear badge now and get some back to black or get the rear diffuser painted satin black

Some how I managed to lose the o for the sport badge (not that it matters they all went in the bin)
dd78a6f42b9e840bdc6c08a834fd13ee.jpg

ed480ee7a62dc6fb38aa89251acb6e06.jpg

a180f5eb779b19454b922162cbc6f83d.jpg

b3713a4469d6ad5da53aaff515f063db.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Had the day off work today so thought it was a good excuse to get some bits done on the 197

Fitted new drivers side front wheel bearing as it was making some noise

Found out the car has a full 6 piece braided brake line kit fitted that was a nice surprise

Cleaned out the throttle body

Found the tiny exhaust rattle (heat shield clips missing so will need to order some of them)

And got around to fitting 3 of the 4 powerflex inserts

Upper torque mount
Drives side mount
Lower dog bone mount
But run out of time to fit the upper gearbox mount so that will be on the list for next time

0299617913c10f870171f67667081481.jpg

Reactions: Paul_D
Also thought I would post amd ask about this

Found this plug just hanging down by the steering rack the other day I did ask on 197/200 Facebook page and people was Saying it’s a 02 sensor plug so checked again today and it’s 100% not that because both of them are plugs in

The way the wire sits/runs it looks like it plugs in on the back or on top of the gearbox/ under the air box in that sort of area I will have to pull out the ktec induction kit and have a proper look bit of anyone could point me in the correct direction that would be nice

Thanks
3edd1b9ce0f8273fa70768452ba31a6a.png

Most likely Xenon headlights loom going to ride level sensor check the rear axel for a sensor, would be located on the anti roll bar check the back of the headlights for three plugs for the headlight.

Reactions: Sean197
As turkie said it's probably for Xenons, iirc there's a connector under the passenger wheel arch... Check sensors are connected on the rear beam (passenger side) and the anti roll bar at the front.

Have you checked the Xenons are working properly, they should flick up when you put full beam on... Typically they point to the floor when a sensor fails (or isn't plugged in etc.)

You sir are amazing

Yes that is exactly the plug and the other little plug next to it I found that plugged in to something on the subframe that had a little arm I would imagine because I could fill a link rod that attached to it

Thinking about it now I think something about open Circuit for the front Lights come up on my diagnostics scanner

So my next question do you have a picture of that that plug plugs in to so I can look for it lol

Passenger wheel arch, bottom right hand corner... Connector is R98, 1373 is the front sensor, 1372 goes to the rear sensor.

Capture.JPG

Reactions: Jakkehoop
Yea I only know this as I was doing an upgrade to Xenon Headlights and I have two engine bay looms with all the stuff but fitted the Xenon headlights with normal motors I'm not just in the mood to change the engine bay loom over at the moment I just need the washer jets and water pipes I have the twin pump bottle all here. I have put the windscreen/auto headlight option on just climate control which I also have here to retrofit and activate I think this can be done by adding the motors to the standard mechanical heater box and cover one small casing hole so no air con recharge needed.

I wouldn't be surprised if someone has had the subframe off and forgot to plug them back in... :flushed:

Funny you say that the car had a new exhaust manifold fitted about a month before I bought it lol so the subframe would of been off for that [emoji23]

Yea I only know this as I was doing an upgrade to Xenon Headlights and I have two engine bay looms with all the stuff but fitted the Xenon headlights with normal motors I'm not just in the mood to change the engine bay loom over at the moment I just need the washer jets and water pipes I have the twin pump bottle all here. I have put the windscreen/auto headlight option on just climate control which I also have here to retrofit and activate I think this can be done by adding the motors to the standard mechanical heater box and cover one small casing hole so no air con recharge needed.

I have some headlight washers here is you need them dude

Just a little update nothing to exciting

Bought some headlight washer blanks form mega carbon and dropped them off to my painter to be colour matched
575b0d03e70bbe7599b8cb8400c68802.jpg

Also picked on some of these heat shield clips off of eBay thanks to the recommendation from a lad on the 197/200 fackebook page
e6d3342991f7760b02898c056f62dcea.jpg

Will update again when I get the blanks back from the painter and I have them fitted

Thanks

Good old Saturday off work today only means one thing I get a few spare hours to tinker with the 197

So managed to fit the last powerflex insert (upper gearbox mount) so the engine is now fully done

It definitely was a bit of a pig like people say it is but we got there in the end

Also fitted some of the new Heat shield chips but also found some loose heat shield on the back on the car so will check that out on Monday

Pulled the cam sensor out aswell to get the oem part number off of it so I can order a new one as I want to change it before mapping
0c596c752b520554404a228df0086f7a.jpg

And last on the list today was pull the passenger side arch liners out to find the other end to my random hanging plug that I spoke about the other week and bingo found thank to the 2 lads that pointed me in the right direction
8909fc9e6769b77e88dba0a4156ede2e.jpg

Bit of a boring update but it’s all bits that need to be done the exciting stuff will start one day lol

Seen a lot of talking about the acoustic valve in the engine bay and how people have removed it for a cleaner look or what ever There reason for removing it was

So out mine come

Apparently you have to leave it plugged in to stop it throwing a engine light on so have just tucked it in the battery box for the time being until i find out if it can be turned off with Renault Clip

8e5ae128362cb6f8e9a9810525c2c5db.jpg
add2615ad8d1960bf9eb8b63e42c0a21.jpg

I will be getting rid of the Lion battery next week for something better like a exide or a Bosch as the lion battery’s are known to be a bit unreliable

So had a few bits turn up the last few days

6mm silicon cap to block of the vacuum line for the inlet now that the acoustic valve is removed
aac24820184a1f56e8b953380ca947d5.jpg

Also got a new front Renault badge from Diamond performance that will need painting in satin black as they only do them in gloss black
902b955e2699f32a80a048e147376a20.jpg

Big thanks to [mention]Sheldon88 [/mention] for the fast delivery and good price on the the 20mm wheels spacers
6c5bea96c2c955df027e65cbed36841e.jpg

Then decided to buy a 90mm stud and nut conversion and some loctite 2700 green just to make things a bit easier
8bb3048a9ddb85722e3efa3394d6fc6d.jpg

Will get some pictures posted up when I get around to fitting it all

Reactions: EthanMenace
So got a nice little picture form the body shop today
1d09ba19820ccd6b7c9a9d671b7e382e.jpg

So should have these back in the next few days

Also fitted my stud and nut conversion today along with the 20mm spacers and wow it changes the whole look of the car (definitely need to wash now tho)

Studs torqued to 20nm with green 2700 loctite then wheel nuts torqued to 140nm as recommended by pms
0d77f47f775b48ab48fdc28f023fe2ec.jpg

And also found out my drivers rear caliper does not work with the handbrake on it just spins freely so need to check that out see it’s it’s just the handbrake cable or a seized caliper [emoji2959]

Fingers crossed it’s just the cable [emoji1374]