Intake pipe wtf?

excellent look forward to it - will give me an idea to do any more improvements on mine

monday i must remove the bumper to make some work..:biggrin::biggrin: and i'll remove the indicted plastic for refresh better the engine8)

mail

i ve cut this part out a few weeks back, got my hands on one of them air hacksaws, it made quick work of it. cant say iv noticed any difrence, but hopyfully help when i get round to fitting the pannel filtter.:biggrin:

ill find out if it makes a differnce next wednesday when i get mine dyno'd agian at tdf.

Yes to aid cooling but at the end of the day its not going to represent the force of the air resistance when doing 80mph.

you might want to close the acoustic valve as well while you're at it

that thing was installed by Renault to pass the European noise standards. its open at low revs and closes above 5k rpm

I've put a cloth inside it and the engine pulls better down low

OKbvL.jpg

that thing was installed by Renault to pass the European noise standards. its open at low revs and closes above 5k rpm

OKbvL.jpg

Any damage caused by doing that? Or any other ways of keeping it closed?

OKbvL.jpg

how clean is this engine bay makes mine look well tatty

Gotta be a press shot when it first came out, brand new that.

Mine aint far off that :tongueout:

And cheers foxspeed, will look into that! Any more pics would be a bonus though - cars covered in about 4 inches of snow now!

Last edited:
P3140019.jpg

here you go the item on top of the battery thats the valve assembly - just close the flap and then screw in a self tapper to keep the flap closed