Intake pipe wtf?

Soooooo :tongueout: as I wanted to remove the front badge and failed - again lol I just couldn't keep my eyes from looking where the main intake pipe draws air in. So first I looked through the left (if your standing in front of the car) grill and couldn't see where the air gets into the pipe. By lifting the bumper on top I saw there was a sort of plastic box that comes right infront of the pipe so thought that was it and had another look.

But only saw this. Blue is the plastic that's behind almost the whole bumper (the badge sits in there etc.). So the blue coloured part is sort of a wall and has no hole ie nothing where air could be drawn in. The green thing is a cable that runs over the "wall". The dark red is the plastic box infront of the intake but I couldn't see any openings where it could draw air until I saw it - the bright red in the pic and the first thought in my mind was wtf...such a small hole. Let's investigate further. Here's the pic.
img1808.jpg

Looked from the top - that's where the air comes in...
img1820.jpg

This is the box right infront of the pipe ie the air comes from here into the pipe...
img1821.jpg

But the box is closed from almost every side :confused1: there is only a small hole on the right side (the one I mentioned before)
img1824.jpg

So basically:
Yellow = where the air comes in
Green = solid side of the plastic box where the air "could" be drawn in
img1826.jpg

So the air comes in only through that tiny hole. Dunno how else to describe it so bare with me. Here is a pic I made (doesn't mean it's like that) how the air probably moves....
img18224.jpg

Isn't this a bit wtf?

intersting stuff - will have a look at mine when i next get it out and see if it can be sorted :thumbup1:

Really blew my mind when I saw it cause the cars goes really good :blink: could anyone look at their Clio for this and confirm it? Only 2 screws & 2 sort of clips holding the bumper on the upper side and then it just pulls out.

Thats definately odd, not looked at mine in much detail so thank for the pics! Maybe this will lead to us finding a better place to get a feed from, without having to change much under the bonnet!

Thats definately odd, not looked at mine in much detail so thank for the pics! Maybe this will lead to us finding a better place to get a feed from, without having to change much under the bonnet!

Exactly my thoughts! Not such an improvement as kevo's air intake is going to be but we could surely make it better. Wonder why they made it like this :confused1:

Or is only mine like that....or didn't I see something... :blush:hmy:

Hope someone can confirm this.

hi ozi! i saw this plastic last summer when i had old airbox.. but i have not depth...

do you have just remove this plastics or not?

You can't remove it :thumbdown: probably would be a lot of work getting to it and cutting/reshaping it so the airflow would be better.

It's mounted to the inner side of the bumper so as you lift the bumper you lift the plastic box.

when i also found this restriction i could not belive it .if you remove the grill you can get in with a knife and trim it .i also made a grill / duct and the result is worth it ,a noticable improvment with greater air speed ,013.jpg

Nice one exon. Where did you get the grill? How much did it cost? Is there a noticable difference?

Thx for the answers :thumbup1: