Small Holes on Air Intake Pipe

I noticed the air intake pipe running from the front grill to the airbox hose has some small holes in it.

Has anyone covered these up?

They will be taking in small amounts of hot air?

I think I know what you mean. It's got small longitudinal holes all the way along it. It's the induction pipe which comes from the air filter, round the front of the engine? Yeah? I never did anything with mine. I'm just trying to describe it a bit more for others. :smile:

attachment.php

Attachments

• 21609023.jpg
    21609023.jpg
    95.8 KB · Views: 129
yes i did when i had mine - blocked them off - used some black silicone - also removed the small deflector plate in front of the air slot it fits in on the front panel/
bumper section

yes i did when i had mine - blocked them off - used some black silicone - also removed the small deflector plate in front of the air slot it fits in on the front panel/
bumper section

Did it make any difference [MENTION=29]foxspeed[/MENTION]?

not that i really noticed but it just made sure air was drawn from the front only and hence hopefully keep air inlet temps steady

I was actually wondering this myself the other day. Looks like I'll be blocking the holes and removing this deflector plate foxspeed mentioned.

I always thought it was to spread cold air around the bay rather than soley in to the intake but I suppose putting cold air in to the intake has the same cooling effect, just internally.

I don't think you'll ever notice this though, just my 50 pence.

Deflector plate ? Whats all this about.........

Whats the reason for it do you think ? Presume removal increases air flow ?

Deflector plate ? Whats all this about.........

Whats the reason for it do you think ? Presume removal increases air flow ?

theres a "deflector" plate right in the way of the air in take...possibly there to stop road rubbish/water getting a direct route in to the air inlet piping - never had any
issues with it not there - a few cars were done as it was a few years ago this was discussed/done - there are photos somewhere

theres a "deflector" plate right in the way of the air in take...possibly there to stop road rubbish/water getting a direct route in to the air inlet piping - never had any
issues with it not there - a few cars were done as it was a few years ago this was discussed/done - there are photos somewhere

Thanks very much !

Another part for the bin tonight....

Easy to remove ?

Thanks very much !

Another part for the bin tonight....

Easy to remove ?

bit of a struggle if you dont want to remove front bumper!

you can do it by unclipping the top of the front bumper/grills and lift it up to get at it - then a bit of brute force applied!!!