Help me decide on the 197?

How should I blow my cash on the 197?

• Total voters
well i got mine in two stages and it cost me more to do it that way. i didnt have the dosh for injectors, valves, valve seats n springs so it meant he had to rebuild it twice costing £££. The first strip down to put cams in (includes new belts), (headwork) cylinder head was bored to acomodate higher lift on the 403's (not needed with 402's) and valve clearance issues polish and port inlets (like matching but the polish the inside of them too), lightweight pulleys, forged rods and pistons, engine and drive train balanced, skimming increases compression ever so slightly also help keep pressure in engine as the cylinder head seats better. this requires a pressure test aswell to check for leaks in the block. then it all got rebuilt and my wizzard friend live mapped it so it all worked in harmony. not a single problem since I might add. second stage was in the supercharger visit just recently. got charged 400 for labour for nimonic valves, uprated springs, new valve seats and bigger injectors. parts will be added on in my next bill but ure only looking at 200 for parts on this build so would make sense to get it all done at once.

okay cheers mate :smile: will look into it!

ben sorry for hijacking ur thread momentarily lol :001_wub: ... decided what your gunna go for yet?

I'm split between the diff and the bigger wheels/brakes.

Swaying towards the 2nd option purely because it's simple to bolt new wheels and discs on myself on the drive but the diff means I lose the car for a week or two, inconvienient!

yeah teh diff is a big hassle and will take some getting right. I have to say i'd go for wheels too now. i did actually vote for the diff but it might be a big inconvenience if ure using the car daily.

I vote for cage so I can have ures lol

I'm split between the diff and the bigger wheels/brakes.

Swaying towards the 2nd option purely because it's simple to bolt new wheels and discs on myself on the drive but the diff means I lose the car for a week or two, inconvienient!
but which do you want the most????

The forged rods are interesting, but the pistons will give well before rods would with a huge shot on nitrous from the detonation.

When they sell forged pistons too i may well be tempted!