Help me decide my tyres please.

So the time has come for new tyres.

I've had contisport 3, then federal RSR (which I loved) and most recently contisport 5 (also love)

Looking at tyres and the new ratings I can see the contisport 5 rate highly in all but fuel efficiency.

a tyre with the same ratings is the Dunlop SP sport Maxx RT. It has better fuel efficiency. Price difference is negligible.

The outsider is the Hankook Ventus Prime 2 K115. It's quieter and more fuel efficient then both of the above but is B rated in wet braking rather then A. It's also cheaper by £30ish.

question is stick with what I know or do any of the above 2 options rate with anyone else enough for me to change?

Tbh you wont notice any difference in fuel efficiency, I have Bridgestone RE050A's and the grip is superb in the wet and dry, but I have 18" wheels and I couldn't justify putting £200+ a corner on my car for what I use it for ie 9-5 run and the odd moor blast,

So go for what you use the car for

I'm still only on 17s chances are ill stick with the contisports as I've loved the fact that they are always the same (to me) despite whether its raining shining and it's only as they've approached the 2-3mm mark I've felt any difference and even then it's only when pulling away.

its only a daily and I've looked at other tyres but searching for reviews you get such a mixed bag and I don't want to buy tyres that turn out being no good and being stuck with them.

I like my Hankooks. I had them on the Clio too and thought they were great, but they were the K110 V12 Evo's.

Out of the tyres you have tried I'd stick with the 595's, totally different league to the continentals which are far too overrated. The Federals are also very good in the wet and held their own through winter.

Personally I wouldn't pay any attention to the tyre fuel efficiency on the basis that the Clio is not about fuel efficiency, if you drive it to maximise mpg then its a waste of time owning it.

When I use it to work and back it's all about fuel efficiency. Driving any other time that MPG reading goes down quick.

I loved my federals but I wore through them far too quickly which is the main reason I switched to the conti, they've done well and IMO they deserve the credit because they are good tyres.

ill have a look at the pilot sports and evos too. Going to order them next week.

I would advise against Hankooks given my recent run-ins with them. I bought a set of K110 EVO's which fell apart after 300 miles and Hankook have refused to accept fault on.

I'm now £200 out of pocket, not to mention my time in going backwards and forwards with them and the tyre supplier. I won't be buying from them again.

Yeah I'm tempted to go back and on the plus I have 2 I haven't managed to shift that have 4/5mm of tread still.

i was thinking about changing because if you never change you'll never discover if there are better out there.

I'm never sticking anything else other than Yoko AD08's such a difference from the conti's on her before. All though I might go for normal 215 over 225 as sometimes there is just toooooo much grip! Weather like we're having nothing touches them IMOIMO

+1 to the Verdesteins nutnut, had the Ultrac Sessantas on my Focus ST and loved them, 4 laps of the ring and I wasn't holding back and the only signs of wear were on the back ones which were half worn anyway.

Thinking of getting them for my clio soon.

Michelin PS3 £50 cash back on every 2 you buy, so working out at £100 a corner. More mile per tyre than the others and better fuel economy, better wet weather grip and equal or better dry weather grip. Long time winner, most economic purchase.

Shall look at the above as well before placing my order. Glad I get paid soon as I'm having to get my windscreen replaced now too :worried:

Unfortunately can't hold off that long. Front tyres are about 2/3mm now and I need to get these ordered and fitted before FCS.

Michelin pilot sport 3s, transformed the car completely! £515 from black circles full fitted and balanced.