Help me decide - Williams or 182

Hi guys, not in a financial position just yet to buy one of these two but I hope im not too long off so I really need to decide which one I want lol.

Always wanted to own a Williams, been a massive fan of them since the day I first saw one (around 10 years ago) but I know they can be a bit of a money pit especially with my budget just being around £2000 - £2500 im not going to get a minter.

The other option is a 182 - its newer, going to have less rust, its faster BUT.............its not a Williams.

What would you go for?

Thanks, Don

Well, I remember telling you that a couple of months ago in a pm but here we go again:
The Williams is the best car I have ever had, hands down. Handles like a train on rail, I had bilstein's on mine, NO other modifications and have NEVER been passed by any other car, although I remember clearly a porsche 4s on the wet, impreza sti, 1000gsxr (<- no ****) etc...... being left behind in the first curve.
Go for something special, you won't regret it. In my opinion the Wiliams looks a lot better than the 182 and it is a car that will be worth some money in a few years, in contrary to the 182 that will never be a "special" car!

I would get a Williams and restore it myself if I had the money, would be a lot of fun and worth it's weight in gold when complete!

Thanks Ben for your message and that bit of info above :smile:

Warren, it would be nice to do a lil restoration work myself and you get a sense of achievement I suppose. Is my mind made up.....quite possibly :smile:

Thanks Ben for your message and that bit of info above :smile:

Warren, it would be nice to do a lil restoration work myself and you get a sense of achievement I suppose. Is my mind made up.....quite possibly :smile:
And you would learn a lot in the process, that would be my take on it anyway.

A mint 1.8 valver could be another option, I used to have one and absolutely loved that thing. It was on an N plate and chipped (no maps back then) to 160bhp, massive fun ! I'd have it back tomorrow if I ever spotted it for sale and was still mint

A mint 1.8 valver could be another option, I used to have one and absolutely loved that thing. It was on an N plate and chipped (no maps back then) to 160bhp, massive fun ! I'd have it back tomorrow if I ever spotted it for sale and was still mint

seen one of these last year at revolution was in good nick to!Get one for a weekend car jonny:smile:Think Chris has his hart set on a williams now ha!!

seen one of these last year at revolution was in good nick to!Get one for a weekend car jonny:smile:Think Chris has his hart set on a williams now ha!!

If I could find a good one I probably would mate, spooky you seeing one at Revolution, that's where I got the 17s from I was running for it at the time. Looked mint :smile:

My penny's worth has to be the Williams and a phase 2 if you can, I remember when they came out just awesome looking and handling cars, never actually bought one! (Had 2 1.8v) but still regret it to this day.