Can't make my mind up. Please help me decide!

So, after owning the Clio for 4 months I think it's time to add a bit of noise.

I'd like to get the centre section of the exhaust taken out. I've heard from many people that it causes a huge flat spot.
Just had a good conversation with one of the lads at RS Tuning who says that they can 100% guarantee they can completely map it out and also improve upon the car's driveability and throttle response. This is music to my ears.

Two things holding me back though.
I bought the car new at the end of November so still have the best part of 4 years warranty and free servicing left.

Firstly, is having the centre section cut out going to throw up any faults? The guy at Renault said if any emission lights came on etc, then they've have to blame it on that.

Secondly, with the car being mapped Renault will be able to tell if they look into the ECU.
Will they actually look at the ECU and will they do software updates which will flash it?

Really want to get this done but am a little hesitant as to what problems this could cause. Renault will try and use any alterations as a scapegoat for warranty work so this holds me back a bit.

Anyway, thoughts appreciated. Thanks for reading :smile:

removing the center will give a it bit of rasp, my trophy sounds great with no center, also had a high flow cat fitted

if for some strange reason reno were to check the ecu map yes they can tell it been down

you maybe able to get a copy of your new map in case, it gets overwritten somehow

Get it taken out! :smiley: ~£60 to make your car sound like a rally car, what's not to like?! The flat spot was bad, but it's only at 3k revs so it's never an issue when you floor it. Didn't have any issues with warning lights either

Get it taken out! :smiley: ~£60 to make your car sound like a rally car, what's not to like?! The flat spot was bad, but it's only at 3k revs so it's never an issue when you floor it. Didn't have any issues with warning lights either

Did you not get yours mapped?

Do it! Sounds great with the pops a crackles! Flat spot is there but you can drive around it, others have had theirs mapped which will help but may not completely remove it.

Do it. It's not a big job to weld it back on anyway should you ever need to.

Does this mod make the Clio loud or droney on the motorway, is it a lot louder?

Sounds tempting and an easy upgrade.

The only thing that's holding me back is if something goes wrong with the car Renault will say that I've voided my warranty.

Does much go wrong on these with regards to sensors etc showing up faults. Or is it usually just gearbox and steering faults?

The only thing that's holding me back is if something goes wrong with the car Renault will say that I've voided my warranty.

Does much go wrong on these with regards to sensors etc showing up faults. Or is it usually just gearbox and steering faults?

why would you think that warning lights would come on IF the centre silencer was removed...its up stream of the second lambda so has no influence on meeting emission standards!

if it gets a warning light on it will be for a different reason!

as for dealers detecting and reporting mods....just need to take it to the right dealer :thumbup:

as for dealers detecting and reporting mods....just need to take it to the right dealer :thumbup:

Ah, where might that be then? Somewhere around here I don't know about? :smile:

I usually go to Harrats in Wakefield as I bought the car there and they're an RS dealer.

Last edited:

Similar Thread Suggestions