Help me decide on the 197?

How should I blow my cash on the 197?

• Total voters
Okay i have a couple grand sitting in the bank burning a hole in my wallet and im looking at pouring it into the clio.

I think a cash injection is what the 197 needs for me to reignite my luv for it. Here are the options, i just need help choosing the best route:

1) Ktec 6 point roll cage. The oulton park rear cage is okay but a proper cage would set the car off nicely with the stripped out rear. On the downside its gonna weigh twice as much.

2) Quaife ATB diff. Got a company who finally gave me an acceptable fitting quote and will probaly fit a sportier clutch and lighten the flywheel whilst im there.

3) 18' 5 spoke ktec wheels in black with the 380mm megane big brake conversion behind them, my fave option but also the most expensive at 2k all in.

or 4) Sell the clio and spend it all on an astra VXR.....

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay i have a couple grand sitting in the bank burning a hole in my wallet and im looking at pouring it into the clio.

I think a cash injection is what the 197 needs for me to reignite my luv for it. Here are the options, i just need help choosing the best route:

1) Ktec 6 point roll cage. The oulton park rear cage is okay but a proper cage would set the car off nicely with the stripped out rear. On the downside its gonna weigh twice as much.

2) Quaife ATB diff. Got a company who finally gave me an acceptable fitting quote and will probaly fit a sportier clutch and lighten the flywheel whilst im there.

3) 18' 5 spoke ktec wheels in black with the 380mm megane big brake conversion behind them, my fave option but also the most expensive at 2k all in.

LOL do i even need to answer .:cloud9::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::001_tt1:

Option 1 - sounds good.
Option 4 = :ban:

LOL do i even need to answer .:cloud9::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::001_tt1:

Love your signature btw :wink:

:ban: :woody: :f1team07:

I do like the sounds of the other options they sounds good.

Don't to any forced induction just incasse there is a delay and then its bye bye norshliefe .

I do like the sounds of the other options they sounds good.

Don't to any forced induction just incasse there is a delay and then its bye bye norshliefe .

I wouldnt dream of using a lazy charger, im spray all the way :wink:

I dont know how to set a poll up lol :worried:

No R888s for the ring becuae if it rains im rendered a spectator and there isnt enough room in the back for a spare set of tyres.

Best mate had R888's on his VTS for the journey there, 3 laps and back, still plenty on them!

Its not the tyre wear that'd concern me but the focused weather performance, if it happened to rain all weekend then it'd be a wasted trip for the R888 equipped car.

Toyo T1Rs will do me fine :tongueout:

I think the diff is going to be the best option mate. With a cage close second.

Last edited:
How much u got mate? I wudnt bother with brakes unless ure bumping the power up. 2400 will get u alot of engine work.

I have deleted the 6 pages of utter rubbish out of this thread now.

Please give ben the info he needs and opinions, and not how VXR's are wonderful and are better than everything else on the road.

Thank you!

I'd go with the wheels, but I'm not sure about the brakes. Def not the VXR!