I swapped the brake discs over today in preparation for Croft in a few weeks. My usual mechanic @EthanMenace is in Canada for work until just before Croft so I got on with the job myself for once.

Off came the knackered drilled discs.

IMG_4010.jpeg

On went the Brembo HC discs.

IMG_4013.jpeg

I took the Ferodo DS2500 brake pads out of the callipers before moving the callipers out of the way. The Mr. Pink Pins make the task of changing brake pads really easy. The plan is to use the DS Uno pads for track days and swap out the DS2500s when we arrive, and put them back in when we have finished for the day.

IMG_4014.jpeg

The Brembo HC discs look nice and shiny at the moment.

IMG_4016.jpeg

If the car does not get much use before Croft the discs and pads will get some light use on the trip up there.

It is always nice to see new parts on the car, even when they are hiding in plain sight.

IMG_4017.jpeg

This. Iain's seats are amazingly comfortable. I wish I could afford them :tearsofjoy:

I did get 10% off as well by ordering over the phone and having a chin wag about track days and Nurburgring with the sales guy. Didn’t even ask for a discount. Worth a shot!

You’ll probably get about the same for the yellow dot Recaros so it should be a net-swap.

I’ve had cheap bucket seats before and you end up feeling the frame underneath or feeling them flex under high load or torsion. I’m super happy with the Pro Series XL, they are very comfortable and fit me just fine. You’ve met me, I ain’t small!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I dealt with the very difficult task of changing the air filter today. I was a bit lazy when I was looking for the green cotton filter and bought the one that looked the best on eBay. If this air filter will make the car go 220 kph then it must be alright?

View attachment 151804

The old air filter has been in about a year.

View attachment 151805

It has picked up some dirt but was looking okay.

View attachment 151806

I made sure that the new filter was the right size. It matched up against the edges of the old air filter.

View attachment 151807

Then it went in. Job done.

If it does not pour down with rain all weekend I might get the HC discs on.

View attachment 151808
I
I’ll just eat like you to fill the seat :chris2:
Plenty of years to catch up with the old boy yet

Provided that nothing goes wrong with the Clio over the next few months I think that we will buy some bucket seats in the new year to replace the yellow dot Recaros that are in the car now.

What do you recommend gentlemen? What have you got that you think are comfortable?

I need seats that come in a generous size to fit my 38" waist.

Due to me being a big lad lol I was recommended sparco evo xl qrt seats

Not bought them yet that will me my Xmas present to my self lol [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk