Just hammer the DSUno with several emergency stops after sanding and I’ll think they’ll come back. Glazing could be a result of being on the brakes too long. Need to be more aggressive!

@EthanMenace and I took a trip to see @jwillo today to pick up a set of MRF tyres that he was selling. I always enjoy bumping in to forum members and putting a face to a username. We arrived when Jake was in his garage making some weight saving modifications to his car.

The tyres look virtually unused and have only done one full track day and one evening track session.

IMG_3929.jpeg

There is a lot of tread on the tyres.

IMG_3932 (1).jpeg

I had spoken to @jwillo before about where he had got a set of show plates from. He was very kind and gave me the set he purchased as he said he did not want them anymore.

IMG_3933.jpeg

I managed to acquire some more 3M Dual Lock today and have been able to test fit the show plates.

IMG_3938.jpeg

IMG_3937.jpeg

My Megane is off the road for a few weeks after suffering a fuel sender failure. In true Renault style I have got to wait for a part to drive from France as it is not available in the UK. I am picking up a courtesy car tomorrow.

I have had the (dis)pleasure of driving the Clio to/around/from work yesterday and today. I do enjoy a spirited drive with the Clio every now and then but I don't think I could cope with driving round in this car on a daily basis. The combination of harnesses and a suspension set up that dislikes anything but a smooth road makes it an unpleasant drive after a few miles. The Clio is great on track but I now think that my Clio is a horrible car for daily driving duties. I pity any fool that thinks it is a great idea to drive a car set up and equipped for track days on a daily basis.

I managed to acquire some more 3M Dual Lock today and have been able to test fit the show plates.

View attachment 151708

View attachment 151709

My Megane is off the road for a few weeks after suffering a fuel sender failure. In true Renault style I have got to wait for a part to drive from France as it is not available in the UK. I am picking up a courtesy car tomorrow.

I have had the (dis)pleasure of driving the Clio to/around/from work yesterday and today. I do enjoy a spirited drive with the Clio every now and then but I don't think I could cope with driving round in this car on a daily basis. The combination of harnesses and a suspension set up that dislikes anything but a smooth road makes it an unpleasant drive after a few miles. The Clio is great on track but I now think that my Clio is a horrible car for daily driving duties. I pity any fool that thinks it is a great idea to drive a car set up and equipped for track days on a daily basis.
Sounding like an old man!!

Reactions: EthanMenace
I know.

Driving around in sweltering weather with no air conditioning is also painful.

I have picked up a 1 litre Ford Focus as a hire car to drive around until the Megane is fixed.

I am sure after the next track day I will be telling everyone that the Clio is great.

Reactions: Big Ben
I have been trying to buy some Bembo HC front discs for the past few days. I had some issues recently ordering some Brembo rear pads for my Megane and was told that the Brembo factory shuts down for a break over summer which impacts on stock levels. After searching far and wide for Brembo HC discs most places were out of stock apart from K-Tec - who were the most expensive. I was a bit cautious ordering from K-Tec as I have read some comments online recently suggesting that deliveries can be slow. Hopefully K-Tec will deliver the discs reasonably quickly and prove that what I had read online is just rumours and gossip.

I had the same shipping issues with K-tec. They told me their warehouse staff were off with Covid or something, I dunno if they're still having issues but once I'd kicked off, they paid the extra for a Saturday AM delivery. I still haven't fitted them... :sweatsmile:

Good news - K-Tec are delivering the discs today.

I have spent the morning doing some Croft preparation.

The hotel is booked for the night of 22nd September 2022 at a Premier Inn at Catterick. Martin recommended it to me so hopefully it will be better than the Travel Lodge I stayed in last time.

I managed to squeeze 4 wheels with Direzzas on and 4 MRFs in to the Clio this morning and paid a visit to my local tyre place.

040F4596-7D24-479A-8C3B-74A50C242E54.jpeg

I now have some decent MRFs for Croft.

A green cotton filter turned up in the week for the V6 airbox to replace the standard air filter. I will put that in later to complete the induction system for the car:

1. V6 airbox
2. Headlight cold air feed
3. Green cotton air filter
4. Port matched and gas flowed inlets

Hopefully the car is breathing as best it can now. I would like to think that all of the changes may have a small impact on the performance of the car - but who knows? Perhaps I have had a 1 or 2 BHP increase!

Last edited:
I dealt with the very difficult task of changing the air filter today. I was a bit lazy when I was looking for the green cotton filter and bought the one that looked the best on eBay. If this air filter will make the car go 220 kph then it must be alright?

IMG_3997.jpeg

The old air filter has been in about a year.

IMG_3992.jpeg

It has picked up some dirt but was looking okay.

IMG_3993.jpeg

I made sure that the new filter was the right size. It matched up against the edges of the old air filter.

IMG_3996.jpeg

Then it went in. Job done.

If it does not pour down with rain all weekend I might get the HC discs on.

IMG_3998.jpeg

Last edited:
Provided that nothing goes wrong with the Clio over the next few months I think that we will buy some bucket seats in the new year to replace the yellow dot Recaros that are in the car now.

What do you recommend gentlemen? What have you got that you think are comfortable?

I need seats that come in a generous size to fit my 38" waist.

Last edited:
Provided that nothing goes wrong with the Clio over the next few months I think that we will buy some bucket seats in the new year to replace the yellow dot Recaros that are in the car now.

What do you recommend gentlemen? What have you got that you think are comfortable?

I need seats that come in a generous size to fit my 38" waist.

Corbeau Pro Series X

Reactions: burrellbloke
My Corbeau Pro Series were XL and very comfortable for me. Although I do like the look of Sabelt Titan seats, I just forgot about them when I brought the Corbeau lol

Reactions: burrellbloke
I think it’s just a thing that you need to be spending at least 500 on a seat nowadays.

I’ve tried plenty of the cheaper ones and it’s always one of them “it’s ok for the money”

I’m well happy with my fat boy Sparco.