** Give your honest feedback about Clio197/200.net **

Site is great how its set out, the social side and the help you get is 2nd to none

I personally think its over moderated (as in this thread already) and has masses of double standards! Seems a select few can do as they please and nothing gets said about there posts, hence why ive become a lurker and not a frequent poster!

I'm curious as to what you mean. Personally I don't think there is much of a culture of cliques or 'privileged' people on here, but maybe I'm just missing it or being naive. If you want to expand on it a bit, or give some examples I would be genuinely interested. Feel free to PM me if you want.

I'll be first to get to the nitty gritty.
over moderating. The attuide of staff.

part from that, this place used to me awesome.
forum needs to find the love again

As above, I wouldn't mind some examples or an explanation of where you think staff have had a bad attitude, you've been banned once before. But you're still here. So, you either like the place more than you're letting on, or you want to make a point. Feel free to drop me a PM if you don't want it out in the public thread as this thread is about ways to improve the site.

I'm curious as to what you mean. Personally I don't think there is much of a culture of cliques or 'privileged' people on here, but maybe I'm just missing it or being naive. If you want to expand on it a bit, or give some examples I would be genuinely interested. Feel free to PM me if you want.

As above, I wouldn't mind some examples or an explanation of where you think staff have had a bad attitude, you've been banned once before. But you're still here. So, you either like the place more than you're letting on, or you want to make a point. Feel free to drop me a PM if you don't want it out in the public thread as this thread is about ways to improve the site.

I've given you(mods/admins) an example already? it weren't me.that turned that post sour.

I'll leave that there. before this turns sour

Good or bad I'm sure it says in the first paragraph :wink:

Good or bad I'm sure it says in the first paragraph :wink:

Sorry dude, don't follow you there? Maybe I'm just tired lol.

Anyway ShotgunsJay offer still stands. If you wanna talk drop me a PM. Or if you feel certain posts are bending/breaking the rules then report them. When you do that ALL mods and admin get the message and it also creates us a thread to discuss it behind the scenes, which means that all reports are seen and discussed by all staff to try and keep things fair.

I wouldn't say it's over moderated in such a sense but the general attitude of the club is much more behaved and grown up versus other forums I.e cliosport. So when someone who's a bit loud or pushy with their opinions starts posting and offending I think there's very little tolerance for it.

Not saying its a bad thing...

The forum has lost its way. Unfortunately it fell into the same trap like most forums where personalities and personal agenda's became more important than the cars people drive. Some Mods have used their position of privilege and blurred the boundaries for their own gains. There's been a lack of transparency and equally the question remains who moderates the Mods (?).....and subsequently the sites lost some of its credibility.

The analogy is the forum has become like one of those fancy exclusive wine bars where the bouncers have stopped so many people getting in or booted that many out, that the place is now empty. Where as, the pub down the road might have the odd fight and disagreement, but its self policed. No bouncers required, just a sensible respected Landlord or lady.....

Last edited:
Thanks for all the feedback so far, keep it coming, there's some very useful ideas and views already.

To be honest it's refreshing to get people having a mature conversation (apart from the initial hiccup) about both the positives and negatives. That's not so easy to have on the other site lol.

The forum has lost its way. Unfortunately it fell into the same trap like most forums where personalities and personal agenda's became more important than the cars people drive. Some Mods have used their position of privilege and blurred the boundaries for their own gains. There's been a lack of transparency and equally the question remains who moderates the Mods (?).....and subsequently the sites lost some of its credibility.

The analogy is the forum has become like one of those fancy exclusive wine bars where the bouncers have stopped so many people getting in or booted that many out, that the place is now empty. Where as, the pub down the road might have the odd fight and disagreement, but its self policed. No bouncers required, just a sensible respected Landlord or lady.....

spot on

I've already pm'd one of you this morning, can you stop deleting their messages.

Last edited:
Thanks rob for contacting me. I shall not reply nor post anymore in here i have my answers which could have been solved early on in this thread.

Great bit of moderation and how it should be done :smile: maybe others could learn from it.

I still stand by my original comments in this thread, nor shall i go back on them.

Look forward to putting names to faces sometime :wink:

Im out

I love the forum and the help from people here. But as example of the secret deletion/ conversations going on above makes me feel like there is an inside circle im not part of and given that im in London where there are only a few of us here and most other members are from up north I just keep out from the politics that seems to exist with certain members. this

From an outsiders pov, I think its a fantastic forum & I'm happy to be a paid member which provides access to the 'how to' section etc.

Although I don't post regularly I am on here quite a bit & I personally havn't seen much of the over-moderating that others speak of.

However i do agree that there is a 'clique' on here that do seem to think they are somewhat 'special' & can be a little condescending in their attitude.
It is nothing compared to the Australian OZRS forum over here though which is almost vomit-inducing in the way it is run as a boys club by/for a select few & the arse-kissing by those that wish to be a part of 'the clique'.

Personally I come on here as a long term car enthusiast & regular motorsport competitor looking for interesting RS related stuff, whereas some other people seem to treat it more as a social (facebook) type of place & that is where a few differences occur imo.
Again the same thing applies to the OZRS forum over here but enthusiasts are much rarer & its much more about chest beating & self promotion for the select few in 'the clique' rather than the RS cars that the forum perpetuates to be about.

The very fact that a thread such as this exists at all is a great step in the right direction I think.
Anyway that's my 2cents (sorry 2pence?) worth, hope it is of some use.
Keep up the good work all :thumbsup:.

Last edited:
That's inevitable with this model getting cheaper, I think the main thing that keeps these cars aimed at a certain person, it's the insurance costs for younger people that stop them accessing them so soon
So if the under 25's are too young, what is the maximum desired age ? Perhaps I'm too old !

So if the under 25's are too young, what is the maximum desired age ? Perhaps I'm too old !

Well I'm 23, and got the car just after I ticked 22, and the insurance was manageable.

I don't think theres any age limit, I saw a guy getting into a GW 200 with his elderly mother, the guy was well into his 50s, he still gave me a wave. Edit: I might add it had recaros also, i duno how she got out of them :tongueout:

I think what he means is guys who have just past their test.

I'd say, if anything the "Clique" has now left and set up its own FB group. Which is good because all some members of that clique wanted to do was bait/argue all the time. So from that side of things we're getting better.

The current staff are awesome :thumbsup:

I also kinda agree with the Clio-RS name. I'm sure we own the domain already so a "rebrand" would be simple.

Another reason forums go quiet is when established members sell up and move on.

It takes time for new members to establish themselves, become confident enough to join meets/events.

Just a quick look at the member list by post count will show the characters that have moved on. Roy, Mike, A2on (misunderstood a lot of the time), Arran, Paul etc etc.

The best event for me was How Fast 2013? Awesome turn out. Just an awesome day thinking about it.

Last edited: