Another dishonest garage

Roy

clio197.net legend
On Tuesday some woman in her car decides to do a bit of texting instead of watching we're she was going and write of my old mans car
So he decides to go and by another one today with out taking me with him so he brings it round for me to have a look at.First glance it looks in really good condition Clio 1.2 on a 52 plate.So I start to dig a bit deeper and go over it seem as there 12 months mot on it
1.Rear drivers side tyre 1ml
2.Drivers side tyre 1.2ml
3.rear wiper blade not on
4.windscreen rubber both sides been cut and left short at top
5.nearside headlight not working
6.nearside brake light not working
So off down to garage with the old man get there sales bloke comes out I let him explain how the hell the car got through MOT he says tires on legal limit lol so got my tyre depth gauge out and show him.Sorry about that he says ****
Brake lights may have gone while he was out lol so I said yep that's right he drove 2 miles at midday so no need for lights
To cut a long story short and £390 of tyres and repairs the car is took down to the lads who does mine and it passed this time.They also wanted to put part worms on it :argue: won't name the garage but they see a OAP and see easy money so how many more dangerous cars are there out there you ask yourself
Rant over just hate to see folk ripped of and put in danger especially my Dad

I was mad if it would have been up to me I would have taken it up to trading standards

Yeah get them reported to trading standards. Making money is one thing, risking older peoples safety to make a quick buck is something else really.

Roy inform RUK and if your on the renaultsport forum post it there as well!

If not and you want me to pass on the experience then i'll kindly do so.