Honest opinion needed.

Yiannis197

Paid Member
Well I'm on a hunt for a projector headlight for my 197 to replace the broken one, can't find a genuine second hand anywhere and brand new from Steve in here costs £140 which is an excellent price (assuming it's genuine).

However I bumped into those when I was browsing for headlights

http://www.carparts-tuning.co.uk/en...ml?listtype=search&searchparam=clio headlight

which I can embarrassingly say I quite like. Yes ok I won't connect the angel eyes but the fact that they are black really temp me tbh.

What do you think people? Do I deserve a wake up slap so as for my chavish alter ego to be put down or should I allow it to come up to the surface?

Abuse shield on!

You might find that the 'Angel eyes' are the side lights and can't be disconnected.

Also in your bid to try to get one headlight for less than £140 your preparing to spend £175 on some dodgy looking lights. Have you tried eurocar parts, I think they have a 30% off deal at the moment and they sell the OE Valeo units.

I like the black and it would go with the colour combo of your car well (blue/black), but the angle eyes...

This is what I was thinking Stephen and that the black headlights make the front a bit more aggressive. Angel lights is a no obviously..

I've seen a picture somewhere with these headlight fitted but can't find it now :/

The headlight on its own looks good but when it was on the car I wasn't to sure, but tbh I can't really remember what it looked like haha

LOL Mason you are not being very helpful here mate! :smile:

I did try to find a Clio with these on but I failed as well, apparently not many Clios with these HALO headlights around.

Maybe there is a reason why..

I remember now!

It was that megane'd alien green 197 on eBay a few months back that had them on it, if anyone saw it and can remember it.

I used to have similar headlights on my old car ill post up a pic. I really liked them as they complemented the car perfectly and when it comes to how my car looks I'm very picky. I don't think they're tacky but it might just be a bit too much black up front..

There's some projectors for sale atm Yian, surely you could buy a set, use one. Then either keep the other for a spare or sell it on and maybe recoup some money. Sure you won't be the only one looking for just one projector.

Which one do you need? I have someone that's got a drivers side one they don't need.

Last edited:
Well I'm on a hunt for a projector headlight for my 197 to replace the broken one, can't find a genuine second hand anywhere and brand new from Steve in here costs £140 which is an excellent price (assuming it's genuine).

However I bumped into those when I was browsing for headlights

http://www.carparts-tuning.co.uk/en...ml?listtype=search&searchparam=clio headlight

which I can embarrassingly say I quite like. Yes ok I won't connect the angel eyes but the fact that they are black really temp me tbh.

What do you think people? Do I deserve a wake up slap so as for my chavish alter ego to be put down or should I allow it to come up to the surface?

Abuse shield on!

OMG! i now want these........

and they are reduced from that FK website from over £400, WOW!!
may not look too bad, its a tough call.....but they do look nice when not switched on.

wow amazed that people actually like them, don't feel that bad now ha!

Hope that helps your decision

These look really good mate, thanks for the pic:smile:

There's some projectors for sale atm Yian, surely you could buy a set, use one. Then either keep the other for a spare or sell it on and maybe recoup some money. Sure you won't be the only one looking for just one projector.

They aren't any I'm afraid mate. I'm looking for a genuine projector headlight, made by Valeo, without the auto leveling motor.

Which one do you need? I have someone that's got a drivers side one they don't need.

Passenger side mate, thanks:smile:

Thanks for the link mate, yes I do remember seeing this car but I never paid attention to the front bit. Shame the rest of the pics are not available..

OMG! i now want these........

So I'm not the only one then haha!

and they are reduced from that FK website from over £400, WOW!!
may not look too bad, its a tough call.....but they do look nice when not switched on.

Well tbh I really don't know if anybody in this world would pay £400 for these!

Now yes, angel eyes disconnected, LED sidelight and hid kit (which I have already) would look all right (I think...)

Thanks for the input guys, please keep it coming!