Don't drag race a 200T unless you have FI...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds like the 200T has a hardcut limiter too :smile:))))

Sound that way, if that is the case it's a win for the 200T. I'd spend all my days pretending I was a Rally driver and no doubt f*ck the gearbox in about a month. That's it decided I CAN'T buy one :smiley:

if it wasn't for the gearbox and the slow change in the 200 then it wouldn't have won....

four or five gear changes accounted for 0.4-0.5sec of that time at least!!!

The thing is.. If the 200T can stop as well as the 197/200 and handles as well then it can brake just as late, corner just as hard and pull away from the older model in each corner. OK that was just a drag race but over a track? that extra torque coming out of the corners is bound to help. Plus I dare say that when they say that these are 197ps or 194ps whatever it is - with the turbo on the block there's a good chance it will indeed be as high as that.. not a good bit lower..

Also you don't need to factor in missed gear changes or crunchy gear changes causing you to change slower with the new box.. So many positives on paper but then again the brakes and the chassis are still to be proven. I'd like to see videos of them round the same track, same day, same rough time etc

A frenchie posted this over on CS:

In France the 1st 4RS are ont the roads for 2 weeks about and the 1st were remaped

Results ?

For one I know :

BEFORE : 215hp (and not 200 ^^) and 260nm or torque (and not 240nm) ... hum this 4RS turbo look like the Megane 3RS 265hp which have really 280hp ^^

AFTER : 243hp and 331nm of torque !!!

I don't like made a such remap on a such new car, but this result is awesome !

The FB link ---> https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...62412076.44844.175636559113273&type=1&theater

Not bad for just a remap. Looks the nuts in white also.

wait for the first one to blow the clutch pack apart due to too much torque on the re-map :001_unsure:

if it wasnt for the box i dont think a 200t with manual box and a 200 would be any different in performance - you can go on about low end torque etc but the 200 has more up top...

the 250 owners need to worry more! one fluffed gearchange and its game over for them as well :w00t:

Sounds about right, Ryan's 250 made close to 280 on the RR. Mine made 264, which is the norm, so the RR was working correctly IMO.

I think the thing with the 4 is that you know its probably going to be making the correct power figure, something the old car never did. So just from the start its got an advantage.

Sounds about right, Ryan's 250 made close to 280 on the RR. Mine made 264, which is the norm, so the RR was working correctly IMO.

I think the thing with the 4 is that you know its probably going to be making the correct power figure, something the old car never did. So just from the start its got an advantage.

should do its a nissan engine :wiz:

Its like reading material about a new vw or something along those lines, the numbers all look great but thats not the reason i bought my mk3, there was something that had me as soon as i saw it, the mk4s just seem too generic

I love the 200T. I'd get a LY one as soon as they come out just can't afford it :/

Just hope the EDC is reliable.

Great result. There's always so much hate for the n model though.

Tempted to get one in white for when I'm back in the UK.

The twit in the 200 could have had a way quicker launch... He barely even tried!! :smiley:

I like the new Clio. Just not sure it's going to be the same bang for buck as the NA versions...

Just my 2c

Status
Not open for further replies.