Don't drag race a 200T unless you have FI...

Status
Not open for further replies.
The twit in the 200 could have had a way quicker launch... He barely even tried!! :smiley:

I like the new Clio. Just not sure it's going to be the same bang for buck as the NA versions...

Just my 2c

he wasnt allowed to have a quicker launch, it wouldnt look good for a new 200T to barely overtake the old 200. :wink:

the thing is when they where up and running even after the launch the new Clio 4 was still pulling a good bit. 0.7s over 400 meters is a lot IMO considering the car has the claimed same bhp..

Also its worth noting that indeed the guy in the manual's launch was crap. That's the thing the new Clio 4 does.. removes that element of cocking the launch up.

who knows if he was or wasn't allowed to launch it any quicker if he had I still think the new version would have won maybe not by just as much!

What is the torque throughout the whole Clio 4 does anyone know? I assume with the turbo it produces max torque at something silly rpm 1,200 or similar and holds the whole way through to 6500rpm? I thought the 200 only had 215NM where the 200T is supposed to have 240NM as standard?

I'm really liking these. Will deffo need to test drive one.

Last edited:
the thing is when they where up and running even after the launch the new Clio 4 was still pulling a good bit. 0.7s over 400 meters is a lot IMO considering the car has the claimed same bhp..

Also its worth noting that indeed the guy in the manual's launch was crap. That's the thing the new Clio 4 does.. removes that element of cocking the launch up.

who knows if he was or wasn't allowed to launch it any quicker if he had I still think the new version would have won maybe not by just as much!

What is the torque throughout the whole Clio 4 does anyone know? I assume with the turbo it produces max torque at something silly rpm 1,200 or similar and holds the whole way through to 6500rpm? I thought the 200 only had 215NM where the 200T is supposed to have 240NM as standard?

I'm really liking these. Will deffo need to test drive one.

it doesnt hold it until 6500rpm will have tailed off way before that...

if its wasnt for the edc box the "new" 1.6t would be any quicker than the 200 :thumbup:

215 bhp and 1,204 kgs vs 195 bhp and 1,240 kgs.

EDC gearbox or not, there'll only ever be one result.

215...wheres that from?

what if the 200 has over 200hp....etc etc

my assumption was on actual published figures if both were manual gearboxes then the new clio wouldnt/shouldnt be any quicker!

But it did? Sorry I had to say it :wink:

Really wish the 200t had black rear diffuser and black front blade...

...this will be a £200 upgrade (in my cynical opinion)...seeing as the option to go graphite from black was an option that clearly failed....

I'm going to say now that it wouldn't be quicker round the top gear track than the current cup but Renault will pay to fudge it.

Love the denial in here. It's quicker, simple as that. It was an independent test, so nothing to do with Renault. It's also worth noting that the uk mags have only driven non cupped versions of the edc.

White one for me please!

Fox the thing is the gearbox does make it quicker that's why it was designed I assume - Also to try and appeal more to a wider range of people obviously. Its like saying around a track the 200 would do the same laptime as the R27 if it didn't have the Revo design. Its true but its an evolution of the car imo.

Plus the turbo has other benefits, easier to tune (ok we're unsure what the gearbox can take torque wise) cheaper tax, more MPG which is also aided by the box.

I understand why a lot of people are ripping the arse out of it - I truly do however has the RenaultSport team ever made a bad hot hatch? They may not get the big name brakes etc but they wont let it out if its a piece of crap surely?

Fox the thing is the gearbox does make it quicker that's why it was designed I assume - Also to try and appeal more to a wider range of people obviously. Its like saying around a track the 200 would do the same laptime as the R27 if it didn't have the Revo design. Its true but its an evolution of the car imo.

Plus the turbo has other benefits, easier to tune (ok we're unsure what the gearbox can take torque wise) cheaper tax, more MPG which is also aided by the box.

I understand why a lot of people are ripping the arse out of it - I truly do however has the RenaultSport team ever made a bad hot hatch? They may not get the big name brakes etc but they wont let it out if its a piece of crap surely?

all very true!

but we needed a bit of debate so some of what i have put is for that very reason...

just think if it didnt have the box and 5drs how much quicker/better it would be - 200hp and 1100kg!!!

215...wheres that from?

what if the 200 has over 200hp....etc etc

my assumption was on actual published figures if both were manual gearboxes then the new clio wouldnt/shouldnt be any quicker!

From Noddie's post above.

Regardless of what they are called, from tha factory it appears that the 200T comes with 215bhp, and we know a good NA 200 will have around 195. Combine the power differences with the weight penalty for the old 200...

Hence me saying a drag race is a foregone conclusion.

True fox it'd be more enjoyable and I'm sure the box weighs a ton! I remember Cro saying he felt the extra weight of the two rear doors on his 5 door 182 made it handle better as there was better weight distribution so it'll be interesting to see what its like?

Hopefully the guy that has the 200 and the 200T can do a few lap times on track to provide an average time or even have a 5 lap race and swap drivers to see the outcome that would be amazing :smile:

I'm sure this mk4 clio RS is a good car and fun to drive, I to have pop down to dealer to see it or test drive.

I still love my 197, I had it over 5 year. Everytime get in and drive, it make me happy a lot. So I be keeping it for long time. I do really fancy a clio v6 ph1 :smile:

It has been mentioned already but you can get a 1yr old 250/265 for new 200T money. It does everything the 200T does but better (other than 5 doors and the limp wristed gearbox) so if you are faced no choice but to have a Turbo RS i know which one gets my money.... :smiley:

Still waiting track tests.. but that is good thing to know renault finally get that bhp from engine there should be. 197 / 200 was always less power than they said in the brochure.

Did anyone really expect Renault to build overall slower car?
If someone prefers n/a that old 197/200 might be the thing for him.
The only thing we can discuss is the looks..197/200 is much more harmonious.

Status
Not open for further replies.