clio rs 200 turbo uk spec details

now the spec is known would you buy one?

• yes - i would

Votes: 47 29.4%
  • no - still not convinced

Votes: 74 46.3%
  • still undecided

Votes: 39 24.4%

• Total voters
That spec does made it look very attractive...... But then I see the photos..

Its like the disappointment of a blind date. Your mates big her up for days, give her a great spec and then you finally meet the pitbull licking a wasp. As you discover she may be a great ride but you know deep down you just can't be seen out with it.. That's what the 200T is to me..

Exactly, I'd buy a year old megane 250/265 over this every time

+1 for me.

Another thing that puzzles me is that, I will always want to go bigger and better.

I came from a clio 1.4 to the 197.

My next logical step if i'm sticking RS will be the megane (especially with the 200T offering)

That run in the video appears to be with launch control, you can tell by the sound of the engine bouncing off the rpm limiter (appears to be set @ 1500rpm in 'sport' mode).
It also appears to be in 'sport ' mode so it may launch at a higher rpm (1750rpm-2000rpm?) in 'race' mode & will obviously shift quicker/harder too.
According to those specs max torque is generated from 1750rpm so i don't see it launching too much higher than that.

Last edited:
So one would presume that the 6.7 time quoted by Renault as the 0-60 would be in race mode using the launch control? Does that mean in standard form its actually no quicker than a 197/200

So one would presume that the 6.7 time quoted by Renault as the 0-60 would be in race mode using the launch control? Does that mean in standard form its actually no quicker than a 197/200

Yes, the modes aee there to keep the emissions down

Surely it would have made more sense to put the flappy paddles on the wheel as opposed to the column? Column is alright for normal driving but not track driving surely?

That run in the video appears to be with launch control, you can tell by the sound of the engine bouncing off the rpm limiter (appears to be set @ 1500rpm in 'sport' mode).
It also appears to be in 'sport ' mode so it may launch at a higher rpm (1750rpm-2000rpm?) in 'race' mode & will obviously shift quicker/harder too.
According to those specs max torque is generated from 1750rpm so i don't see it launching too much higher than that.

dont think it will launch at 1750rpm as the torque peak is actually basically flat from there to higher up - so to stop it from dropping off max torque it will probably dump at say 2500rpm to compensate for that

they have been doing the usual manipulation of figures to put the 200t in a far better light!!

the ulw is 1204kg which is the same as a 200cup (yes its less well equipped but shows how heavy the gearbox is)

claiming the brakes are "better" - but the 200t is lighter than a ff200 so it should stop "better"!!!

i could go on!!

just think if it didnt have the dct gearbox it would be nearly 100kg lighter!

1104kg / 200hp = 182hp/tonne (200 is 161hp/tonne)

so would turn better stop faster go faster.....mmm probably be quicker than a megane in certain circumstances so scrap that :s

dont think it will launch at 1750rpm as the torque peak is actually basically flat from there to higher up - so to stop it from dropping off max torque it will probably dump at say 2500rpm to compensate for that

Yer it seems your right foxspeed, apparently 2500rpm is the figure for race mode launch.