clio rs 200 turbo uk spec details

now the spec is known would you buy one?

• yes - i would

Votes: 47 29.4%
  • no - still not convinced

Votes: 74 46.3%
  • still undecided

Votes: 39 24.4%

• Total voters
Ah right cool. Also noticed its got a timing chain instead of belt so if its like the 350z timing chain it'll be good for at least 200,000 mile? :smile: no more 72,000 mile service costing £600-£700!

Ah right cool. Also noticed its got a timing chain instead of belt so if its like the 350z timing chain it'll be good for at least 200,000 mile? :smile: no more 72,000 mile service costing £600-£700!

Yep, or it could be like my sisters BMW 325i and give nothing but issues.

Slightly more interested now, but will have to wait & see how it drives & what the £££ is. Renault frustrate me at times with their options on these cars - looks like theres still no DAB option for the wireless, no xenons, no heated windscreen, limited colour choice, limited seat options .. ; I'm still leaning towards Ford the next time around.

But then again, I havent driven it yet !

Fact of the matter is, once you've got bored of the gimmick paddle shifts and 'race mode' it won't be as fun as a 197/200 because it's not as involving to drive.

I've had DSG once before. No doubting it's a great system but it pushes you one step away from the action, making you feel a bit detached with the car doing everything for you.

I like the sound of this.

I will own one. Just a matter of when.

Same.

I'll probably wait at least a year and wait for Renault to iron out any "issues"...and perhaps get an undoubtabley future limited edition model or something.

the spec sounds quite impressive (apart from that ****ty exhaust note played into cabin part) but it still looks cack regardless. it would have to drive AMAZING to sway me

if its anything like the megane 250/265 it will be a pipe teeing off the main induction pipe, not the exhaust

It all sounds great, except for the gearbox. Most of the time paddles will be great, but there will be those odd moments where you wish for a full manual, and suddenly remember how fun your old 197/200 was...
But then again isn't this pretty much what people said when the 197 came along... 'ah its too heavy blah blah blah'.... but no-one seems to have an issue with it now, accepting that the 197 is the better car

Very true, but then a day will come where your sat in hours of crawling traffic and your left leg will thank you for not having to keep holding down a heavy clutch :smiley:

Very true, but then a day will come where your sat in hours of crawling traffic and your left leg will thank you for not having to keep holding down a heavy clutch :smiley:

you must have girly legs then as the clutch pedal in the 197/200 isnt that heavy!!

the clio rs 4 is a technological tour-de-force...just wonder if its too much wizardry :oops:

I've had to sit in Birmingham rush hour traffic quite a lot lately, and it does start to hurt sometimes, it is a nice clutch though.

I'll give it six months after its launched and then I will probably get one, wonder wha sort of deals they will have when they come out, such as PCP deals..

Hopefully it won't be to long until they release recaros as an option, and that bonkers cup racer spoiler :wink: