clio rs 200 turbo uk spec details

now the spec is known would you buy one?

• yes - i would

Votes: 47 29.4%
  • no - still not convinced

Votes: 74 46.3%
  • still undecided

Votes: 39 24.4%

• Total voters
IMO, it's only a name.

If they're nice bucket seats, I wouldn't care who they come from.

hmm

going by this comment;

25Nm more torque than predecessor, and plenty of it mid-range. 240Nm from 1,750 to 5,500rpm. Quicker from 0-62mph - now 6.7 or 8 seconds

from here http://www.renaultsport.co.uk/roadcars/ClioRenaultsport200Turbo/overview/Default.aspx

I'd assume in the "slowest" mode the gear changes will take roughly 500ms normally? surely that would get annoying? I know in my girlfriend smartcar it takes 600ms or so and it feels awful..?

Just get:

Code:
This web page has a redirect loop
The web page at http://www.renaultsport.co.uk/community/login/Default.aspx?ReturnUrl=http://www.renaultsport.co.uk/roadcars/ClioRenaultsport200Turbo/Default.aspx?t=1?t=1?t=1?t=1?t=1?t=1?t=1?t=1?t=1?t=1 has resulted in too many redirects. Clearing your cookies for this site or allowing third-party cookies may fix the problem. If not, it is possibly a server configuration issue and not a problem with your computer.
Here are some suggestions:
Reload this web page later.
Learn more about this problem.
Error 310 (net::ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS): There were too many redirects.

Don't know who does their website but it always seems a bit untested.....

The Recaros are bound to be costing them thousands upon thousands in warranty claims. So I'm not to surprised not to see them. I've only ever owned 3 door cars, and I only will (in the foreseeable future) and onecthing that will always be on the spec sheet is '5 door hatchback'. And nothing is going to change that so I'm out.

Just get:

Code:
This web page has a redirect loop
The web page at http://www.renaultsport.co.uk/community/login/Default.aspx?ReturnUrl=http://www.renaultsport.co.uk/roadcars/ClioRenaultsport200Turbo/Default.aspx?t=1?t=1?t=1?t=1?t=1?t=1?t=1?t=1?t=1?t=1 has resulted in too many redirects. Clearing your cookies for this site or allowing third-party cookies may fix the problem. If not, it is possibly a server configuration issue and not a problem with your computer.
Here are some suggestions:
Reload this web page later.
Learn more about this problem.
Error 310 (net::ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS): There were too many redirects.
Don't know who does their website but it always seems a bit untested.....
Is this on an ipad?

Is this on an ipad?

Nope, I got it working in a sandboxed tab.

" proper telemetry and data-logging, downloadable to a USB stick and viewable through software coming 'at a later date.' A full hour of driving data can be stored in a single 3mb file"

I remember suggesting that on the RS forum when I heard it was android based.......Shame it'll be locked down though.

I actually really like the spec and I'm not to bothered about Recaro's. I don't think they'd suit the car. Purely from the fact my favourite style of MK5 R32 is the 5 Door, DSG with Standard Seats (well leather). The Recaro's just don't suit the R32 in that guise.

Seems like they feel the car doesn't need the fancy front chassis set-up either...or sadly and more than likely the case is they wouldn't let RenaultSport have them due to cost.

I cant wait to read how it gets on in group tests but for all this cost cutting thats going on these hot hatches are all becoming premium hot hatches !

I can remember buying my 197 Cup brand new with Recaro's and Black Speedlines for £13250 ! (obviously thats after discount etc and only enough fuel to get me to the nearest petrol station :lol:smile:

The Recaros are bound to be costing them thousands upon thousands in warranty claims. So I'm not to surprised not to see them. I've only ever owned 3 door cars, and I only will (in the foreseeable future) and onecthing that will always be on the spec sheet is '5 door hatchback'. And nothing is going to change that so I'm out.

But is it Renault who gets the bill for knackered Recaros? Renault-Recaro must have a kind of a warranty deal I would of thought.I can't believe Renault will pay out of their pocket for a damaged 6 months old Recaro...

Last edited:
I actually really like the spec and I'm not to bothered about Recaro's. I don't think they'd suit the car. Purely from the fact my favourite style of MK5 R32 is the 5 Door, DSG with Standard Seats (well leather). The Recaro's just don't suit the R32 in that guise.

Seems like they feel the car doesn't need the fancy front chassis set-up either...or sadly and more than likely the case is they wouldn't let RenaultSport have them due to cost.

I cant wait to read how it gets on in group tests but for all this cost cutting thats going on these hot hatches are all becoming premium hot hatches !

I can remember buying my 197 Cup brand new with Recaro's and Black Speedlines for £13250 ! (obviously thats after discount etc and only enough fuel to get me to the nearest petrol station :lol:smile:

We were only £750 for our 200 Cup.

This will for sure be very expensive.

Will definitely hold off buying one straight away. Keep the 200 going until I kill it on track I reckon.

Will be interesting to see the facelift of the MK4.

We paid £750 more for our 200 Cup than u did for your 197 Cup.

Ah you missed out the 'more' part :lol: I had no idea what you meant.

Yeah hopefully theres some cracking deals after a couple of years. Well not so much for the depreciation factor.

From our point of view (as Scot's) its rubbish they're not doing a RenaultSport Knockhill day here where we could really test the new car.