clio rs 200 turbo uk spec details

now the spec is known would you buy one?

• yes - i would

Votes: 47 29.4%
  • no - still not convinced

Votes: 74 46.3%
  • still undecided

Votes: 39 24.4%

• Total voters
But is it Renault who gets the bill from knackered Recaros? Renault-Recaro must have a kind of a warranty deal I would of thought.I can't believe Renault will pay out of their pocket for a damaged 6 months old Recaro...

Probably not but Recaro only give a 1 year warranty and Renault give 3 so they have 2 years of paying out. Also its Renault who spec the materials etc. Half leather would have solved so many issues.

Probably not but Recaro only give a 1 year warranty and Renault give 3 so they have 2 years of paying out. Also its Renault who spec the materials etc. Half leather would have solved so many issues.

Ah ok I wasn't aware of that. Well changing the material would solve all the problems I suppose. Loads of people spec the Recaros so Renault could £££ from that. It's really weird they decided to ditch them.

if its anything like the megane 250/265 it will be a pipe teeing off the main induction pipe, not the exhaust

This.

It isn't "synthetic" like on the M5 to use the most common known example. On the M5, the speakers release a low frequency signal to mimick the mechanical noises. On the lower spec' Clio, the R-Sport feature will do it the same way as the M5 but it can be fully disabled.

The system the Clio RS appears to be using is something that Ford have utilised for years (Puma, Focus RS, Focus ST) as have Alfa Romeo and it's the same system that McLaren use on the MP4 to name just one other example. Renault have been using it on the Meg' 265 as well since release but didn't make a big fuss about it at the time. It's a small pipe with a diaphragm that will open under certain pressure and thus channel engine/induction noise into the cabin. It can easily be blanked off as is quite common on the Focus ST.

Lack of the fancy hubs is a shame, it means current Brembo's won't be a simple retrofit that I had been hoping for. I'll test drive one as soon as they have one at Manchester, but the price might be too high for me to buy one straight away. That's also assuming that it has the same magnetism as the 197 had on me when I first drove one...

I'm going to be honest......this is growing on me.
The price is too high for me to buy brand new but in a year or 2 time when they come down in price I may be interested.
Going to test drive one when they are here just to see how they are, the turbo for me is pretty appealing (I know it's not the RS Clio way but if it does what it should as well as the 197/200 then I'm happy).

This.

It isn't "synthetic" like on the M5 to use the most common known example. On the M5, the speakers release a low frequency signal to mimick the mechanical noises. On the lower spec' Clio, the R-Sport feature will do it the same way as the M5 but it can be fully disabled.

The system the Clio RS appears to be using is something that Ford have utilised for years (Puma, Focus RS, Focus ST) as have Alfa Romeo and it's the same system that McLaren use on the MP4 to name just one other example. Renault have been using it on the Meg' 265 as well since release but didn't make a big fuss about it at the time. It's a small pipe with a diaphragm that will open under certain pressure and thus channel engine/induction noise into the cabin. It can easily be blanked off as is quite common on the Focus ST.

Lack of the fancy hubs is a shame, it means current Brembo's won't be a simple retrofit that I had been hoping for. I'll test drive one as soon as they have one at Manchester, but the price might be too high for me to buy one straight away. That's also assuming that it has the same magnetism as the 197 had on me when I first drove one...

i didnt read the bit about the app for engine noise though the speakers, even thou its sounds abit crap, i wonder what the nissan gtr noise will sound like. lol

It sounds really impressive but I only have three problems that'd stop me buying one:

1) No clutch
2) Electronic LSD :worried:!
3) And how is that very expensive sounding clutch and box going to cope with any power modifications a turbo engine is capable of?

It sounds really impressive but I only have three problems that'd stop me buying one:

1) No clutch
2) Electronic LSD :worried:!
3) And how is that very expensive sounding clutch and box going to cope with any power modifications a turbo engine is capable of?

good points!

just think of the dealers that struggle to repair the 197/200 now and the new 200t is loaded to the top with even more electronics.....forums could be busy :lol:

i think it would be a tad foolish to buy one of the first cars with all the electronics it has :rain:

I'd love to know what the true BHP figure is. I'll likely downgrade before upgrading in the long term. The 6.7 or 8 second figure quoted a few comments back also raises a few questions, especially the accuracy of the 44mpg figure. Then again, anything is an improvement on the 20 or so mpg I currently get.

The 'tbc' price could also be the deal maker or breaker as it has the Focus ST in the horizon. Too many and too drastic changes. Should have played with the existing 200 adding a 220bhp output and it would have been more appealing.

I've just done a quick photoshop to show what the 200T might look like with a black/carbon diamond and blade.

newcliors04l.jpg

clio200tcarbon.jpg

The RS logo under the diamond is distasteful. Can you shop it to the side? That, I think would be the first mod of prospective suitors.

I could see my self buying one but it would not be a new one i would wait till they are a few years old and pick up a 2nd hand one like i did with my 200

I'd love to know what the true BHP figure is. I'll likely downgrade before upgrading in the long term. The 6.7 or 8 second figure quoted a few comments back also raises a few questions, especially the accuracy of the 44mpg figure. Then again, anything is an improvement on the 20 or so mpg I currently get.

The 'tbc' price could also be the deal maker or breaker as it has the Focus ST in the horizon. Too many and too drastic changes. Should have played with the existing 200 adding a 220bhp output and it would have been more appealing.

In an ideal world I think everyone would of liked it to have 3 doors, brembos and recaros also the option for manual, shame really but I still really like the sound of it, think everyone needs to wait to try one and see what the reviews are like!

Got home from work today to find an A4 sized bright yellow envolope waiting for me from renaultsport, big pic of the new car on the back, great i thought, i've been invited to some kind of RS event.

It was a calender i'd won in some facebook competition, still, looks better than the new car :smiley:

Got home from work today to find an A4 sized bright yellow envolope waiting for me from renaultsport, big pic of the new car on the back, great i thought, i've been invited to some kind of RS event.

It was a calender i'd won in some facebook competition, still, looks better than the new car :smiley:

Exactly the same thing happened to me except I had a day off