Chris's LY 200t.

Just had a read through your thread mate and absolutely love the car!

Liquid yellow I think is the only colour I'd have gone for over white, there's just something about it that makes it stand out!

Reactions: Micah and Chris
My friend has one of these. Bog standard mind......

But with the B14's on - Chris's looked superb last weekend and sat very-very well. And following him it was clear this thing handled.

I've always LOVED the interior (It's SUCH a grown-up; but still fun improvement over the MK3's), but always felt the M4 exterior was a little 'soft'.

I'll be 200% honest though. It continues to grow on me time on time i see it - and with the stance yours shows Chris....i fail to see how any Clio fan / RS lover couldn't really warm to it. All it lacks perhaps is a little exhaust 'tone' ?

And i will say (This coming from an RB fan-boi)...............the LY looked really-really good. Frighteningly so infact !

Reactions: ///M and Chris
Just had a read through your thread mate and absolutely love the car!

Liquid yellow I think is the only colour I'd have gone for over white, there's just something about it that makes it stand out!

Yes it was the only colour I considered with it, the white is alright but the other colours just look too much like the normal clio - in my opinion...

My friend has one of these. Bog standard mind......

But with the B14's on - Chris's looked superb last weekend and sat very-very well. And following him it was clear this thing handled.

I've always LOVED the interior (It's SUCH a grown-up; but still fun improvement over the MK3's), but always felt the M4 exterior was a little 'soft'.

I'll be 200% honest though. It continues to grow on me time on time i see it - and with the stance yours shows Chris....i fail to see how any Clio fan / RS lover couldn't really warm to it. All it lacks perhaps is a little exhaust 'tone' ?

And i will say (This coming from an RB fan-boi)...............the LY looked really-really good. Frighteningly so infact !

Thanks syer, the interior is a big improvement, I wanted the leather seats which are heated, then climate and the touch screen with built in tom tom sat nav is very good, its still very renault, but its a nice cockpit to be in...

Yes the B14s are absolutely brilliant, really livened up the car, stance wise and handling wise, it looks much nicer - particularly as I have the 17's and not the bigger wheels, the arch gap was pretty big before... handling wise just transformed the car, body roll eradicated which was a bit of a gripe beforehand.

Yes you're exactly right about the exhaust, it sounds pretty good in the car- but its no comparison to a 2L n/a. Centre silencer chop does really bring it up but I'm still not sure what to do about an exhaust system, I didnt want to spend the £100 or whatever it is for a chop if I'm going to put a system on... Still undecided.

Reactions: sevenfourate
Yes it was the only colour I considered with it, the white is alright but the other colours just look too much like the normal clio - in my opinion...

This is the only problem I've got with the MK4, it doesn't look all that different externally from the standard model.

But you're right the LY makes it absolutely stunning.

LY is stunning but I'm biased. The 200T are extremely rare around my parts, think I've only seen 1 but the more I'm on here the more I see them the more I like them.

I think Chris's looks brilliant, i absolutely love LY and the B14's make it look even better.
I really wasn't sold at first when I saw the 200t's but I love them now - That much so that I plan on test driving one along with a 220 in the new year with plans for one to replace the R27.

Reactions: Chris
I always thought the exhaust sounded great Chris. When I was following you through the villages on the Wales run it surprised me how good it was. And on that passenger ride, the pops were awesome!

Indeed and aftermarket brakes flag!

Point taken... :grimacing:

I always thought the exhaust sounded great Chris. When I was following you through the villages on the Wales run it surprised me how good it was. And on that passenger ride, the pops were awesome!

I never heard it once in 100+ miles behind Chris.

That might of course be more of a reflection on mine than his......

Well no, its not very loud, what did it on the Wales run was in a confined space being that village and nobody else was making any other exhaust.

Its not loud - but its louder than a normal car, as I said in an earlier post, not comparable to a 2L N/A.

Reactions: sevenfourate
It was on the passenger ride when I heard all the pops and realised how awesome a turbo engine can be in terms of exhaust noises. Each car has its own strengths and weaknesses!

Just had some fun hardwiring my new dash cam in... Wasn't too much of a faff just a bit fiddly, the fuse box is outrageously designed on the MK4 and it took me 5 minutes to work out the diagram (which of course is not located on a little sticker but in the handbook...)

Had to pull some trim and pillars off which was actually easier than I was expecting, then under the headlining to its new home!

RenderedContent-36F85DF4-6A10-4AC8-859E-C1920C60E52E.JPG

Last edited:
Reactions: nutnutwelshman
Glad you managed to get it all installed, Chris. Did the cam come with hard-wiring instructions then, or did you have a good idea what to do anyway?

I bought a hard wire kit from next base.

It came with the wires then a few adapters which you plug into the fuse box.

Nice one Chris, it's a really neat little kit isn't it? I forget my dashcam is there sometimes, but the peace of mind is well worth it. Have already recorded 2 notable muppet moments!

Are you peeps running dash-cams not worried about the possibility of incriminating yourselves at some point......?

Or does that just 'not happen' in the real-World; only in my mind :smile:

Similar Thread Suggestions