Chris's LY 200t.

Are you peeps running dash-cams not worried about the possibility of incriminating yourselves at some point......?

Or does that just 'not happen' in the real-World; only in my mind :smile:

In my world I never speed. I have spirited drives within the limit - probably sounds boring, but I like to think I'm quite a considerate driver.

In my world I never speed. I have spirited drives within the limit - probably sounds boring, but I like to think I'm quite a considerate driver.

Not just about pure speed alone though is it.

The terms: driving without due care and attention, reckless driving, wanton and furious driving etc all spring to mind; and any of those could take mere milliseconds to occur in a lifetime of otherwise completely law-abiding driving.

Reactions: nutnutwelshman
Not just about pure speed alone though is it.

The terms: driving without due care and attention, reckless driving, wanton and furious driving etc all spring to mind; and any of those could take mere milliseconds to occur in a lifetime of otherwise completely law-abiding driving.
One of you guys should come out with me for a day????????

Reactions: sevenfourate
One of you guys should come out with me for a day????????

Amongst my job titles are Hi-Ab operator and Banksman / Slinger / Signaller.

I drive a 7.5t Hi-Ab equipped vehicle at some point virtually every single week and we also have a Hi-Ab equipped, flat-bed HGV my boss uses. I'm often out with him assisting various moves and lifts we are undertaking.

So maybe not as much as you Kev. But i see plenty of real-World driving too. From members of the public in cars to the supposed Professional driver. And pretty much every day never fails to amaze.....

IMG_2336_zpsxzahm222.jpg

IMG_3425_zpstanfxoi7.jpg

Amongst my job titles are Hi-Ab operator and Banksman / Slinger / Signaller.

I drive a 7.5t Hi-Ab equipped vehicle at some point virtually every single week and we also have a Hi-Ab equipped, flat-bed HGV my boss uses. I'm often out with him assisting various moves and lifts we are undertaking.

So maybe not as much as you Kev. But i see plenty of real-World driving too. From members of the public in cars to the supposed Professional driver. And pretty much every day never fails to amaze.....

IMG_2336_zpsxzahm222.jpg

IMG_3425_zpstanfxoi7.jpg
The Thing I hate the most is night time when a car is on your near side passenger door and rather than just go by they sit there

Reactions: sevenfourate
I wish I knew what the hell I was looking at! It's like a transformer!

1st pic is repairing a tyre fender in an inner harbour with our 7.5t truck.

2nd pic is fitting a rescue ladder in an outer harbour. You can see a new 7m long ladder ready to be fitted on the back of the truck. The one being removed is in the air on the crane.....hanging out the back.

So - back on track. No-one installing a dash-cam on a private car worried about incrimination ?

Yes this has crossed my mind.... but with the amount of false insurance claims and dodgy driving these days, they are getting more and more popular...

OMG....Really ! What an unfortunate even't that must have been :smile:
I'm only kidding :smile: I don't do anything silly behind the wheel as life changing accidents can happen within a split second. Although I think i'm ok in saying that most drivers with a dashcam don't drive in a fashion that would be deemed risky/careless. However I do remember a biker being done for posting a video of himself travelling at excessive speeds.

I can't see the point in these dash cams? - if you hit someone in the rear, it's your fault, if someone hits you in the rear, it's their fault. One of the only scenarios where it's useful is if someone hits you head on from oncoming traffic, and if that happens you could quite probably be killed.
Am I missing something? :smile:

I can't see the point in these dash cams? - if you hit someone in the rear, it's your fault, if someone hits you in the rear, it's their fault. One of the only scenarios where it's useful is if someone hits you head on from oncoming traffic, and if that happens you could quite probably be killed.
I'm afraid it's not that simple when it comes to putting in a claim mate. It's not unheard of drivers to admit they were at fault at the scene and then change their story afterwards, and without any proof you'll have to settle for a 50/50. Come renewal time, you'll be shafted for some other plebs inept driving, as not all insurance companies increase premiums if you have a non fault accident.

ETA: Plus the number of close calls i've had are unreal and since i've had my dashcam, they seem to have reduced substantially. It would be silly to imply there is a direct correlation between the two, but that's what my experience has suggested.

So if someone pulls out on you and you hit them its your fault?

Similar Thread Suggestions