Alien Green 200 Cup *** New AG 200 (number 3) from page 85***

my aerial is about 3" and it still hits, only rather than rubbing the edge its like a spike to the centre of it. Black looks good, was gonna get mine black but bottled it, figured i get it body colour then wrap it incase i didnt like it.

I've heard differing stories about stubby ariels. The civic type-r and Citroën c4 ariels have been suggested elsewhere. Anyone used these ones?

Honda S2000 ones are pretty good.

BTW going back a bit, what pressures were you running? 26psi cold all round and tweak from there is a good base.

Honda S2000 ones are pretty good.

BTW going back a bit, what pressures were you running? 26psi cold all round and tweak from there is a good base.

I was around 27 psi cold pressures. I thought I was running them too low. You suggest I'm too high?

Not really, you're on the right tracks, 26-28 depends on the day's conditions and the abrasiveness of the surface.

Anglesey is a bitch for example and really overheats the tyres, so you have to keep them unusually low.

What does the tyre look like? They should be scrubbed just onto the shoulder, none of the sidewall = pressure too low. If they've crowned (worn down the centre more) then they've been getting too hot = pressure too high.

I'm guessing you've just done the N/S front in? On tight tracks try having that tyre 1PSI lower than the rest.

It's a bit of trial and error really, lots of external factors and your driving style to take into account too.

I d agree with mike, i ve found that you can feel when the car starts to act in a slight different manner. At the ring I didnt look after my pressures well enough and the sidewalls got a battering. On the twingo, though, it wasnt until last week that i start to notice the car oversteering a bit. Keeping on top of the pressures is hit and miss, i ve done knockhill 4 times in different cars and only ever adjusted on a few occassions mainly because the tyres have held up well and i havent let the car get too hot. There is probably some science behind but i tend to go how the car feels.

Some of the official pics taken at Silverstone (There are loads but al stick up just a few) :

_ZZY6262.jpg

_ZZY6619.jpg

_ZZY6856.jpg

_ZZY7406.jpg

_ZZY7269.jpg

Also done a "wee" Scottish highlands roadtrip the past few days (Still on it, just chillin in our hotel at the mo). Will post more details tomorrow ie. the route we took etc. ALl I can say is, the "Pea" has performed admirably and the roads up here are out of this world. Just a few sneak peaks of some of the pics we have taken so far:

IMG_0085-1.jpg

IMG_0081-1.jpg

IMG_0060.jpg

IMG_0067.jpg

Looking for a favour. Could somebody photoshop this pic for me:

DSC00518.jpg

Looking for different colours of wheels. Red, orange etc.

TA

Now home after our superb "little" road trip. Racked up 772.9 miles and for the most part the roads were free an clear of traffic allowing us to drive the 200 like it should be driven (Within reason of course).

A wee summary of our route:

Cumbernauld (Home) -> Mallaig (To get the ferry over to Skye, which was fully booked so we had to drive there). A pic of the Clio sitting next to one shexy looking campervan:

IMG_0053.jpg

IMG_0052.jpg

We had booked into a hotel in Invergarry (On the way to Skye), and just 5 miles down the road from that was this:

IMG_0069.jpg

It does have a name "something" viewpoint but its nickname is The Map of Scotland. So naturally had to stop for some pics:

IMG_0060.jpg

IMG_0061.jpg

IMG_0056.jpg

2 miles down the road from that we came across a strange site. Hundred of wee piles of rocks:

DSC00630.jpg

So naturally we had to stop for some more pics:

IMG_0067.jpg

IMG_0062.jpg

Still on the way to Skye we passed this very cool castle:

DSC00664.jpg

Got to Skye (Portree) but was disappointed with it. Yes the roads are superb but there aint much to do. So we looked around, had a chippy (The chips were horrendous) and drove back to the hotel.

Next day we had planned the scenic route up to Ullapool. From Invergarry - Kyle of Lochalsh - Charlestown - Ullapool. Its difficult to say where you'd find better scenery than up there (Too many boring scenery pics so here just 1):

DSC00656.jpg

Further along the road (A890 I think) we pulled over to take some more scenic pictures when an RS4 pulled in beside us. The guy was out having a blast around the superb roads. Pointed us in their direction then he blasted off. So naturally some more pics:

IMG_0081-1.jpg

IMG_0074-2.jpg

IMG_0076.jpg

A few hours down the road we came across that very cool road (A892 or 832?) with the olny person there in miles, the campervan you can see in the pics. After he had gone we had the whole perfect stretch of tarmac to ourselves:

IMG_0082-1.jpg

DSC00682.jpg

DSC00684.jpg

DSC00686.jpg

Some more excellent roads:

DSC00701.jpg

Then came across this bunch in the middle of the road:

DSC00715.jpg

And last pic of the 200 (The midgies were out in force so gave up after this one):

DSC00708.jpg

lol, reminds me of every trip to Skye, and btw that happens to be the most photographed castle in the world. Apparently, Eilean Donan Castle which i believe that is, was where they filmed the beginning of James Bond The World is not Enough.

Everyone who goes to Portree goes to the chippy .. and yes, its rank.

Makes me think, been up a few times but never when I had the 197/200. Car looks brill in green btw, think you should get the roof done :tongue_smilie:

Similar Thread Suggestions