Albi blue R27 427/500 progress thread now with service&catcams fitted 18/10/2011

All in good time :wink:

Coming on nice now :smile: , Few more things then i will be happy then i need to get some proper shots taken of the car :smile:

Leigh

Will update the thread very soon.

Had a brand new yozza made by jp :smile: also had the spoiler painted and fitted , Happy with the outside now,

Want to paint the defuser Gloss black now and get the door moulds smoothed and repainted.

Then my next focus is Camms , Map etc

Not been on much been very busy with work .

Changes are

New yozzasystem ( New one made by JP )
Decat made my Jp
Cup spoiler Painted and Fitted
K-tek Pannel Filter
k-Tek map

Few Tweeks to be done with the map but car had a huge flat spot now has next to nothing but will be changed once my next plan comes into place.

Few pics and a video here.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_PMQTLOzkM

Photo's

IMG_1714.gif
IMG_1715.gif
IMG_1722.gif

Car runs much better so far very happy with the results and power delivery,

IMG_1723.gif

Give the car a clean and wraped the front badge so thought be rude not too take some pics and share them on the forum.

IMG_1749.gif
IMG_1752.gif
IMG_1754.gif
IMG_1756.gif
IMG_1748.gif
IMG_1750.gif

Badge close ups.
IMG_1751.gif
IMG_1758.gif

Inside and Under the Bay

IMG_1759.gif
IMG_1760.gif

Arty shot i tried :smile:

IMG_1755.gif

All comments welcome !

Thanks for looking

Leigh

Lookin smooth dude. Love them wheels!!!

Mapping looks good too. Makes a nice difference doesn't it :wink:

Update 06/10/2011

Well i said i would be back with updates and i am.

First of all after my trophy i decided i would buy another renault hot hatch reason being i always had fun in them after all the cars ive had i can honestly say i see myself in my R27 for some time to come

As you can see i recently got the car mapped and a few other bits sorted now im focused on the next stage,

Service is due in 2000 miles so I collected most of my parts today and some tomorrow ( Low stock on a few items )

Whats being done

Full service

Pollen filter
Oil filter
Oil
Gearbox Oil
Plugs
Fuel Filter
Rear disc's including Bearings
Rear Pads
Front Pads
Aux Belt and Tension
Cambelt

Quick pic of collected parts so far.

IMG_1778.gif

And these Baby catcams are going in these should arrive tomorrow or monday the latest fitting not this week the next.

IMG_1775.gif

Hope this turns into a nice read for you as there's going to be some big changes coming in with some good results i hope.

Thanks for Reading :thumbup1:

Leigh.

Don't mean to sound negative but can't help but notice that those discs only have four bolt holes.

Also I could be wrong but I think you will struggle to find anywhere to put that fuel filter as it is integrated into the pump/sender assembly.

When replacing the cambelt aren't you also supposed to replace the dephaser or tensioner, I can't recall which but I am sure it is more than just the belt.

Ralphy good spot on the discs , ive only just taken delivery of them from the shop down the road, I know its not just the belt ( I do say if you read i have more parts coming tomorrow )
Fuel filter im unaware of i was told it would need replacing ?

( Pop back down tomorrow with the discs made me chuckle though )

Im still awaiting cambelt kit , tensioner for aux belt , and will need to sort discs now just my luck !

We'll tonight I got the majority done thanks to my pals !

Front pads put in ( old ones where cracked and falling to bits ) only had 20 percent left , cleaned the pins , copper slipped what we needed too.

Took the Renault spark plugs out , Replaced them with Denso Iridium R Plugs

Dropped gearbox oil and Engine oil , new valveline oil in , noticed a difference to the gearbox right away much more smoother I find now,

Cleaned the throttle body ( taken off and cleaned correctly )

New pollen filter , old one was past it ( found alsorts in the filter hehe )

Cleaned the airbox out , installed the new KTR filter , (even hoverd my airbox out hehe )

Next jobs the rear discs as mine are worn and past it ( Managed to get a set of originals off a 2 month old 398 mile old Clio for £40 !
Bargain , next is too fit those and set of new pads at the same time.

Then next Monday ( New Aux Belt , Cam Belt ,Fit my catcams and mapping )

Watch this space for updates

:smile:

Leigh

Last edited:
Good to get all that done dude. Just annoying having to do it all lol. I find once you get going with bits like that it's all good! :wink: