Albi blue R27 427/500 progress thread now with service&catcams fitted 18/10/2011

Camming my clio

Hi there bud, car looks amazing!

Ive had myn nearly a year now, number 156 :wink:

Mods I have had done buy a local tunning company 'autotourque'

- full stainless miltek exaust
- miltek de cat
- k&N induction kit
- 35 lowered all round

After having this fitted it was rolling roaded at USC car show and got the following results.

Max bhp - 168.2 bhp
Max torque - 137.9

Dont know whether that was good or not ?

My car needs a re map to though ! Which im hoping that will improve performance! What more did you have done than me when you managed 190+ bhp from just a re map ?

Also my car is booked in at ktech to get the cam and re map package on the 30th of january, cant wait just wanted to know how much differnce the was ? And could you tell alot of difference in pull ect..

One last question?

Should i remove the k&n induction kit and put the old box back in and put a ktr pannel filter in ?

Thanks max :wink:

let us know how it goes with K-tec mate:smile: I'm looking to do that myself with the 5th annual service which is in june:smile:

Hi there bud, car looks amazing!

Ive had myn nearly a year now, number 156 :wink:

Mods I have had done buy a local tunning company 'autotourque'

- full stainless miltek exaust
- miltek de cat
- k&N induction kit
- 35 lowered all round

After having this fitted it was rolling roaded at USC car show and got the following results.

Max bhp - 168.2 bhp
Max torque - 137.9

Dont know whether that was good or not ?

My car needs a re map to though ! Which im hoping that will improve performance! What more did you have done than me when you managed 190+ bhp from just a re map ?

Also my car is booked in at ktech to get the cam and re map package on the 30th of january, cant wait just wanted to know how much differnce the was ? And could you tell alot of difference in pull ect..

One last question?

Should i remove the k&n induction kit and put the old box back in and put a ktr pannel filter in ?

Thanks max :wink:

Yup. You should. Not many aftermarket (I actually cant think of any) induction kits give you gains, more lose you performance.

Theres a trader on here (Fernandez) designing a copy of the Clio R3 airbox that should hopefully improve performance. Dont think he's too far away from completing the first one.

168bhp is a very low reading but that could be as a result of the induction kit.

Yup. You should. Not many aftermarket (I actually cant think of any) induction kits give you gains, more lose you performance.

Theres a trader on here (Fernandez) designing a copy of the Clio R3 airbox that should hopefully improve performance. Dont think he's too far away from completing the first one.

168bhp is a very low reading but that could be as a result of the induction kit.

168 bhp but not yet remapped ? Thought that wasnt bad, the chap who had his cammed says he started on 165 bhp, and from a re map and panel filter with exaust took hom over 190bhp.

Ill deffo be changing the k&n induction kit though !

168 bhp but not yet remapped ? Thought that wasnt bad, the chap who had his cammed says he started on 165 bhp, and from a re map and panel filter with exaust took hom over 190bhp.

Ill deffo be changing the k&n induction kit though !

Mine was 190bhp without a map at RS Tuning. That was with exhaust, V6 airbox and matched inlets. 196bhp after it......