Albi blue R27 427/500 progress thread now with service&catcams fitted 18/10/2011

No no no , Monday I'm driving down to ktek having belts done there , Along with Cams , Mapping etc

:smile:

Updates to follow .

Well it's D-Day it's 2.30am I'm about to get some breki and a shower then off too ktek in Dorset to get my cams fitted rather excited but CBA with the drive , just going too take it easy.
Will most back with the results soon !

Leigh

I'm in Dorset still at ktek they've paid for my hotel , Problem with one cam and a signal , getting another set fitted tomorrow ktek said rather it be fitted and be right than not be right , soon as its mapped and hunky dory then il post back. ,

In talks about throttle bodies for next few months , could get interesting ,

So I'm like round the corner in a b and b till tomorrow anyone close by is welcome to
Visit ,

Will post back as soon as I know the outcome :wink:

Oh dear well it good of them to pay for ya b and b. I am so very tempted by this!!! Don't suppose your saw mine up there did you ( gw 200 cup) it's been up there a week already as I had kw v1 coilovers fitted couple of months ago by them and was hearing a few noises after having them fitted so took it bk for them to sort it! That is a heck of a drive you have had I thought mine was bad and I am 110 miles away lol. Hope everything goes well tomoro!!

Yes they are can't fault there service second to none , i had been up since 3am so at 4.45 I didn't fancy a drive back when they think it's going to be sorted soon.

As for the cup yes she's sat on the front , she was there last time I came down , looks very nice , I have a pic of her sat on the front :smile:

Update ,

I took the car down few weeks ago which pulled a modest 165bhp which was around thenormall sort of mark for renaults generic mapping.
Having a remap and a few tweeks saw the car have a massive gain from that to 191bhp reason being renaults map sometimes casues gasses and air to mix to early.

So i went down monday setting off at 3am to have my cams fitted full cambelt etc , 6 hours in i was told about a .....Disaster cams where not getting pressure to make them lift , Fault by catcam whole batch needs to go back but i was lucky they had a set that was right for me today thank the lord.:thumbup:
It was too late last night to have another set fitted so Ktek then told me about a verry nice B&B around the corner from there unit, Lucky they had 2 spare beds for me and my mate so we checked in for the night with high hopes for the morning, Today they started again at 8.30 and worked through too 5pm making sure everything was perfect including my mapping .

Im so happy i have had lots and lots of high powerd cars but my god does this pull this has had another dyno for all the K-tek haters too prove she's running a proper 210bhp.
Ive put the graphs from before the map with just my Yozzasport and the after , and the new one with the 402's fitted , from 5 weeks ago the car from what it was is now running over 40bhp better than what it was goes to show.

I need to say a big thanks to Andy and Mike at K-tek for all the efforts and for being so good with me ,K-tek paid for my overnight stay and provided me with lots of coffe :smile:

Next on the List ported throttle body and matched inlets with a new airfilter setup that will see me 220bhp easy according to the advice given, As you will see with the graphs its much much more agressive and pulls like a train.

Thanks for looking and sorry for the late Reply.

Leigh

VIDEO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=99X0YaF-bGM
IMG_0049.gif

IMG_0048.gif

Few pics of a few cars i spotted down there.

IMG_0042-1.gif
IMG_0037.gif
IMG_0017.gif

Last edited:
Much more and top end speed now is stupid pulls pulls pulls remember i was only 5hp down from what you already had , we looked at a maped one with same mods as yours my power band comes in quick now simply to do with the cam timing etc ,

super happy 130mph 5th now ... you get the picture.

Much more and top end speed now is stupid pulls pulls pulls remember i was only 5hp down from what you already had , we looked at a maped one with same mods as yours my power band comes in quick now simply to do with the cam timing etc ,

super happy 130mph 5th now ... you get the picture.

Sounds good....maybe I'll think about it when cambelt needs changing. I must admit from tuner to tuner the figures are so in different. Mikes made 221 with schricks at Jamsport?

Sounds good....maybe I'll think about it when cambelt needs changing. I must admit from tuner to tuner the figures are so in different. Mikes made 221 with schricks at Jamsport?

Yes but he's running matched inlets , ported throttle body and a different airfilter setup , soon as i change the box on mine big midrage change , 220 is right with what's done , once ive had my last bits done dyno time again.

Leigh

Fantastic results :smile: I've booked mine in to have this done and matched inlets at the same time :wink: Looking forward to it alot!!! :smiley: