Yiannis' Albi Blue R27 - Toning down...

Ah yes of course, you did mention it on facebook and it was me who asked Paul about that. He sounded really confident that he can cure the flat spot so I I'd take his word for it.

And yes mate, I do understand your excitement haha

I'll come back to you on 1st March with figures. I'll be happy with somewhere in the 190+bhp wise. For me though coming back with a better driving Clio is what I'm looking forward too :smile:

The amount of times I've been slapped down on here with regards to ktecs 'mechanical' knowledge, 20bhpcampackage *cough*

said that eventually the truth will surface.........

;-)

least it's running better now :smile:

Last edited:
Good to hear you have got sorted mate looks like my punt on the VVT was right in a way ha!think I'm going to stuff some cams in next and that's me done ha!yours dose pick up good with them.
Good on you for sticking to your plan it looks like it has been worth doing.

[MENTION=9615]Tree200[/MENTION] Elliot pulled some nice figures recently

@gaz I won't argue with that mate, I only wished I had done my research more thoroughly or registered on cliosport as well when I got the car...
@mark Cheers mate, even if cams give you 10bhp you'd be running 215 on RST rollers, quality stuff:wink:
@Gez Yes mate I've seen his thread, well what can I say...been there done that maybe???

Last edited:
Yiannis' Albi Blue R27. RS Tuning remap on, K-tec remap off...

Not only that Gez, at the end of the day numbers are irrelevant. It's their workmanship which I'm afraid caused issues on my car since it didn't complement the hardware upgrades, not meeting their claims - on an always relative figure - comes second.

Interesting read Yiannis, looking forward to getting mine done on saturday now. :smile:

Cheers mate, let us know how it goes:smile:

Last edited:
I emailed Ktec yesterday to say I wasn't happy with my remap.

"Might be a lambda failing" lol standard response then.

yeah interesting read, they mapped my clio last year with just an itg panel filter and milltek catback on the car and they said it went from 188hp to 199hp. haven't been on a different RR yet but not sure i want to. haha was thinking about getting them to do my brakes and other bits and pieces but might go closer to home now. it is a good hour and a half for me with their new workshop.

hmm there is a motorsport garage 5 minutes from my house but it is a honda racing team, do i go to the devils lair? :smiley:

yeah TGM motorsport in fleet, thats cool. i go to chichester uni but i can travel back on a weekend as its only 5 minutes from my house in fleet.

i think RST's rollers are probably more realistic than some other tuners - I'm sure 190bhp on their dyne would be well over 200bhp on some other tuners rollers...

i wouldn't be too bothered about numbers as long as AFR is right and the graph looks healthy

the acid test is how the car drives - mine definitely pulls better from the bottom all the way to the red line. its more noticeable in the mid range though - a big improvement from about 3000 rom to 5000rpm

to compare cars RR graphs is tricky unless they were done at the same place on the same day

last year at cad well there was my 200 (bone stock at the time), another 200 and his mates 197 with full ktr system and remap (he wasn't too happy with either mod TBH)

neither car pulled better than mine, if anything i was quicker on the straights so i would say my car was as healthy as any other (touch wood!) - there wasn't anything in it between the 200's and a remapped 197 with a ktr system

im confident now in the same scenario my car would be noticeably quicker than them now though.

the main thing is how the car behaves on the road/track after a remap - though i know good RR print outs are a bonus though!

I absolutely agree with all the above Ken.

I was driving the car today, it has completely transformed. Pulls stronger, idle spot on, no hesitation down at the revs and so smooth throughout the rev band. Excellent mapping if you ask me, couldn't ask for more.

I absolutely agree with all the above Ken.

I was driving the car today, it has completely transformed. Pulls stronger, idle spot on, no hesitation down at the revs and so smooth throughout the rev band. Excellent mapping if you ask me, couldn't ask for more.

This is my thoughts after my map so think the next step is cams for me after your honest review yiannis.now enjoy your motor mate!