**UPDATE 16/08/13** Hankooks falling apart!!?!?

Excellent news Rob!

Pretty poor that such a large scale company who like you say bases themselves on quality products put up such a fight to retain a few hundred pounds worth of rubber and risk loosing thousands in future purchases by yourself.

To be fair he did explain at great length and quite reasonably why they see it as not being a fault of the tyre, it's a business after all and they'd be quite within their rights to give him nothing. It's nice that they did just a shame that it took so long to get it.

I would have thought the lesson here would be 'if you drive like Rob dont buy hankooks'!!!!

To be fair he did explain at great length and quite reasonably why they see it as not being a fault of the tyre, it's a business after all and they'd be quite within their rights to give him nothing. It's nice that they did just a shame that it took so long to get it.

Yeah, I was pleased with the response in the end as they clearly took the time and effort to look in to it. I did get the impression on the phone that when the tyres were initially sent back, they took a quick 'visual inspection' and told me to get lost though. Like you said, it is a business and you can't always make it a business practice to just hand out free stuff to everyone who sends you something back. However, small (in their terms) gestures of good will go a long way in my experience, and I would buy from them again, so they'll make there money back. Like I said before, the lesson seems to be that when it comes to tyres, its very much the customers responsibility to chase and force the issue home, despite what the tyre supplier says.

I would have thought the lesson here would be 'if you drive like Rob dont buy hankooks'!!!!

:bat:

I bet your old ones had been binned, you kicked up a fuss and they thought 'Better replace those' :smiley:

If I were you, I'd send them updates of your current tyres if they don't do the same.