2wdrjn4.jpg

Matt xenon

j67qmb.jpg

Xenons fitted

2ynsepk.jpg

And working with DRL mod

2hpoc4j.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks great that, totally transforms the front. Have you done something with the top of the light too ? Looks very dark

Trouble is, i just want it all now + a remap rather than waiting..but for now will have to wait and keep money aside for the ring

Want want want want!

Good things come to those that wait.

Looks great that, totally transforms the front. Have you done something with the top of the light too ? Looks very dark

All the surround has been painted, so you are just left with the lights and back wall where the lights come through as reflective. That angle accentuates the look but viewed from above you can see the surround detailing.

the lighting is a massive step up in brightness and sooo much clearer clean white.

all in all i think its cost around £400 so considering buying xenons alone from renault would have been circa £1600 i'm very pleased with how its turned out.

Good things come to those that wait.

All the surround has been painted, so you are just left with the lights and back wall where the lights come through as reflective. That angle accentuates the look but viewed from above you can see the surround detailing.

the lighting is a massive step up in clear brightness and sooo much clearer.

all in all i think its cost around £400 so considering buying xenons alone from renault would have been circa £1600 i'm very pleased with how its turned out.

True!

Think next ill do the DRL kit so thats out the way, then its just a remap and xenons to aim for :smile:

Mentalpen, how'd you manage to do them for only £400 ? Have they got any kind of levelling system in them ? Really liking the all dark surrounds :smile:

That looks great mate, really smart!

Thank you, shame they weren't an option in the first place but hey ho.

Mentalpen, how'd you manage to do them for only £400 ? Have they got any kind of levelling system in them ? Really liking the all dark surrounds :smile:

i haggled the price down on the xenons to £135+ vat inc bulbs, ballast and next day postage
loom/harness bits was sourced for around £20
Headlights painting and indicator bulbs i got done for £40 :blush:mg: (think i may have just got @smithandroper sacked for telling you that :d )
Then may be £10 or so on fuel to pick up bits and bats

I've not looked at self levelling yet but i will, DFT state they don't need them to pass an MOT and if they are in doubt they pass it with an advisory.

I can still do them for £500

Worth it if you don't want the hassle. Its took me a month on and off with them.

Thank you here is a quick before and after on the same stretch of road.

Before

7ypeje8u.jpg

After

tunuqygy.jpg

[MENTION=8494]smithandroper[/MENTION] split and painted them. You just need to take your time he said and either use a hair dryer or be extremely carful with a heat gun as you may en up melting/distorting them.

So today after having black door handles fitted some time ago and then having matt black xenons i decided to have OEM rear tints added as xenons and rear tints were not an option on the car just black roof was available on the Trophy.

Car should have been assembled with black handles but due to the earthquake in Japan it came with silver ones which renault changed at no cost to me with thanks to @smithandroper sorting it out.

Pre oem tints and silver handles.

2dqj3a0.jpg

and with tints fitted today and black handles.

20h51lu.jpg

1zduszo.jpg

2zxnkom.jpg

2z7kgsj.jpg

140w2o2.jpg

2mi0nl3.jpg

2rwkhth.jpg

mwej6d.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: