tyre Advice

I want to try the RSR's my mate uses them on his twin turbo 350Z and they hold very well. I use AD08's and can't fault them at all

Tyres..again!

Sorry for another tyre thread, but I'm due some soonish, so I was gonna take my time and shop around! What should I get? Currently rocking pilot exaltos, but think there probably about £140 a corner!! And I wanted to replace all as backs have been on for ages!

Do people still use hankook v12s?
Or what about the Bridgestone tyres that are on raiders etc?

C'mon Luke, there's a thread about this already running over the last few days!!! :smiley: :tongueout:oke. :smiley:

I meant to put as well, links to sites that are doing the best prices for different tyre types for 215 45 17, not sure where's best place to get them on the net!

Sorry willis I usually ignore tyre threads, should of checked!

Can't beat a bit of spam.

Hahaha no worries mate!!! I've been meaning to do a definitive thread thing like with the exhausts and suspension but not had the chance yet with being away with work. Prices, it's worth having a look at Tesco as you also get a load of Clubcard points but they don't have the best range. Apart from that, the usual suspects of Camskill, My Tyres, Black Circles etc.. Demon Tweeks have a great range but aren't the cheapest...

Sorry for another tyre thread, but I'm due some soonish, so I was gonna take my time and shop around! What should I get? Currently rocking pilot exaltos, but think there probably about £140 a corner!! And I wanted to replace all as backs have been on for ages!

Do people still use hankook v12s?
Or what about the Bridgestone tyres that are on raiders etc?

The Pilot Exaltos are £112 a tyre on Camskill at the moment.

Bridgestone Potenza RE050As are the Bridgestone tyre to have. Cracking tyre in all conditions from experience inc snow. They are also a bit cheaper than the pilots.

Might have a look at those bridgestones hmm decisions!!
Exaltos are really good though just fancied trying something different, although I'm usually a believer of if it ain't broke...

The Bridgestones are the best tyres I've ever used. Had them on my 270+ bhp Focus ST and couldn't fault them in any situation. I had tried Continental sport contact 3s (rubbish), Goodyear eagles (acceptable) and also Pirelli P Zero Neros (again acceptable). I've a set of fully refurbished cup racer speedlines waiting for payday so I can get the Bridgestone rubber they deserve! Can't wait to get them on the car. Only decision is wether to stick with the 215 width or go for a 225 on the wider rim. Decisions decisions.

Yep. I've driven on them. They are cheap nasty death rubber!

In all truth they are just about acceptable in the dry but woeful if there is any moisture on the ground at all.

http://www.camskill.co.uk/m54b0s15p...tra_Sport_Nankang_NS_2_-_215_45R17_91V_XL_TL_

Nankangs at £45 a corner for 215/45/17

Now, I know these aren't going to be quite as good as Bridgestone REO50A's, but I was looking at some Nankang tyres at the AutoSport show and was actually intrigued. They didn't immediately strike me as making cheap nasty death rubber.

Does anybody have any experience of these?

I had these fitted to my mini and was pretty impressed by them. I replaced them with a set of Pirellis when they had worn but took them off after 500 miles and put another set of Nankangs on.
No idea how they perform in the wet but they were great in the dry