tyre Advice

Im going to be changing my original alloys for speedlines soon and i was going to put conti sp5 on all round but wasnt sure if the bridgestones RE050 are better im going to go on a few track days and a possible nurburgring trip in july but nothing to mad any advice would be much appriciated

For everyday use and a tyre that's good on track I'd say either;

Yokohama AD08, a great tyre for dry and wet trackdays.

Also Camskill had a great offer on Toyo R1R but I'm not sure if they're still doing it.

Im going to be changing my original alloys for speedlines soon and i was going to put conti sp5 on all round but wasnt sure if the bridgestones RE050 are better im going to go on a few track days and a possible nurburgring trip in july but nothing to mad any advice would be much appriciated

I run contis on the 200 and those bridgestones on the 265 trophy.

The bridgestones are epic on a dry or wet track but grip isn't great in damp conditions but that's mainly me trying to drive as hard as you would in full dry conditions with the extreme map selected.

When hot they get very, very sticky indeed. They don't fit them to the enzo and trophy for no reason.

My yoko ad08's arrived yesterday! exited much,:bounce1: cant wait to get them on! oh and i would say go for yokos too :thumbup:

Is there a difference between RE050 and RE050A ?
I'm about to buy a set of tyres.

Big difference. The RE050As are a much better tyre. I mistakenly bought the RE050s once and they were worse in all areas. The RE050As are a supurb tyre.

Big difference. The RE050As are a much better tyre. I mistakenly bought the RE050s once and they were worse in all areas. The RE050As are a supurb tyre.

What's the price difference? My re050a's I got at a very cheap £195 a corner from a dealer.

Most places want £240 and even black circle are £210ish.

£195 a corner? What's that on. I ran both the RE050As and the RE050s on my focus ST (225/45R18 ) and was paying around £125 a corner. I've been quoted £105 a corner for the RE050As in 215/45R17 for the Clio.

The difference between them is rubber compound. I think the RE050A is slightly softer but I still got 12,000 miles out of the fronts on the ST so they're not to soft.

Last edited:
On the meg not sure on size, 235 35 19s?

Believe me you can not get them cheap!

I've got conti SC5 on the front and SC3 on the rear, the ONLY downside is they can start to melt on track. But, drive them on the road and they soon clean up

Tyres for 197

Whats tyres do you all have?

Ive got the standard conti sports on atm, but am in need of a new set... dont know what to put on...

dont want to pay through the roof as the car is only used on road and mainly for the other half driving too and from work...

I've got conti 5's on the front and 3's on the rear. In my opinion don't try to save by putting bad tyres on, they are the most important thing when it comes to the handling of a car.

yeah i know, thats what i mean... had reo50's on my megane which i found alright but i got good deal on them.. and cant get it now

I think I'll always put conti's on the 197. Apparently Hankook V12s are pretty much as good though and should be a bit cheaper

i run yoko AD08's,can't fault them in anyway and a fair bit cheaper than standard,roughly £120 a corner

quite and improvement on standard imo