Advice please..Dodgy Tyres..maybe

Recently bought my 200cup from a Renault dealer, who serviced before selling and put on two new front tyres. These are BCT S800's (Beijing Capital Tyres) found out there as cheap as chips and reviews are not good. Should I shell out for decent rubber? if so anyone want these.

Same boat as you mate with my fiesta. They put on 2 new tyres and they are Wanli I think lol. Im looking at binning these and getting new, Id advise you to do the same especially considering the car you drive.

Get rid of them. Will ruin your driving experience. Cant believe they even fitted such budget tyres to a 200! Cheap skates.

Chris i had Wanli's on my 1.1 106 that had a gti engine in it. Young lad, lots of power, and the tyres were sold after 40k with tread still on them....bloody hard tyres meaning no grip!

Know what you mean Marshall, i dont exactly race round now in my derv lol but push it a little bit whilst going round a corner and its damn scary and im not even talking fast here lol. Luckily though im running 16s at the mo so tyres are cheap even for contis!

Mine had three sh!tty Chinese tyres when I got it. They were lethal; stopping distances in the wet were genuinely absolutely terrifying. Get them off asap and put them on eBay. You will get at least £20 maybe £30 for them to put towards some proper tyres.

Recently bought my 200cup from a Renault dealer, who serviced before selling and put on two new front tyres. These are BCT S800's (Beijing Capital Tyres) found out there as cheap as chips and reviews are not good. Should I shell out for decent rubber? if so anyone want these.

i would change them and then take them back to the dealer and explain you dont wish to die due to their cheapness :bat:

Possibly a bit late to moan at the dealers but it cant hurt. Especially as it was a Renault dealer. Continental Tyres were the original specification for the car, not some cheap sh*t brand. I'd ask them to replace them with OEM tyres.

You could point out that if you brought the car in for a service or to change your brakes they wouldn't fit non OEM (and sh*t) parts, so why should they do the same with your tyres?

Possibly a bit late to moan at the dealers but it cant hurt. Especially as it was a Renault dealer. Continental Tyres were the original specification for the car, not some cheap sh*t brand. I'd ask them to replace them with OEM tyres.

You could point out that if you brought the car in for a service or to change your brakes they wouldn't fit non OEM (and sh*t) parts, so why should they do the same with your tyres?

because the renault dealership is paying for the new tyres, if the customer was, then they would be quoting £140 a tyre to replace like they tried to do with me after servicing me car.

Okay. fit 4 the bin (field) then

Having 2 fronts Eagle F1's tomorrow (£140 inc vat a pop) fitted/balanced.
The BCT's with 200 miles will end up in a nice field as my wife wants them to support horse water drinking bowls. So they will never see a road again. Why do they allow such potentially dangerous tyres on a performance car be legal......

Thank you to everyone 4 coming back to me and their true feedback.

glad i joined 200.net

You guys crack me up, it's a small French hatch, not a Lamborghini!

I've had one of those BCT S800 tyres on the front of mine since I bought it 10k ago. They are fine. Yes, not as good as some of the £100 plus tyres, but in no way are they dangerous!

Why on earth should the dealer change them?

Why wouldn't you fit them on a Lamborghini then? :smiley:

Personally, I always buy the best tyres I can reasonably afford/justify. I've never bothered with anything other than the Conti's because they do everything I need them to on the road and they have decent durability. I've only recently got some dedicated track rubber and that was purely because I managed to reach the limit of what the Conti's could handle and so it made sense to move up a step so to speak.

Last edited:
Why wouldn't you fit them on a Lamborghini then? :smiley:

I never said I would buy these tyres, they were already on my car when I bought it, however what I am saying us that it wouldn't do any harm to use them for 6 months and then change them.

As soon as mine get down to 3mm or so they will be coming off in favour of something better. But saying that the dealer shouldnt have fitted dangerous tyres is ridiculous!

I had one sh!te tyre on mine when I picked her up, which wasn't on there when I signed on the line a few days earlier. The dealership refused to change it to a Conti' because they had no obligation to fit one, they only had to fit the correct size and ensure it was legal to use over here. I changed it within a week even though it was a new tyre, partly because it was a complete unheard of brand but mostly because it was only one tyre. Had it been a complete axle I probably would have left them on for a few months if they weren't terrible but I can't stand mismatches across axles, it shouldn't be done.

It depends a lot on how/what you use the car for though as well really. If I was sat in traffic for an hour everyday and never stretched her legs then I'd go from the Conti's to something like a Falken (used on previous car, very happy with them) or Federal which would probably be around half the price anyway.

perhaps they want you to write it off so they can flog you another one.

I've had one of those BCT S800 tyres on the front of mine since I bought it 10k ago

Not a good idea atall mate one crap tyre on a single wheel on the front axle, your asking for trouble.

If you dont see the only thing that keeps you in contact with the road a priority in a car thats designed to be driven spiritedly, I would think again.

At my work we have to have the same tyres across an axle. Not allowed to drive them otherwise. Only use Dunlop and GoodYear too.

Not a good idea atall mate one crap tyre on a single wheel on the front axle, your asking for trouble.

If you dont see the only thing that keeps you in contact with the road a priority in a car thats designed to be driven spiritedly, I would think again.

Oh yes, sorry I must have forgotten about all the accidents I've had in that 10k! Doh, silly me.

Look, I'm the one driving it so I'm the one that can comment. I notice no dicernible difference in grip or performance from my odd tyres.

No, I'm not suggesting to anyone that they should actively go out and do it. All I'm trying to get across is that the OP's car isn't dangerous just because it has some BCTS800 tyres on it!

Oh yes, sorry I must have forgotten about all the accidents I've had in that 10k! Doh, silly me.

Look, I'm the one driving it so I'm the one that can comment. I notice no dicernible difference in grip or performance from my odd tyres.

No, I'm not suggesting to anyone that they should actively go out and do it. All I'm trying to get across is that the OP's car isn't dangerous just because it has some BCTS800 tyres on it!

in an extreme situation or heavy rain an emergency stop or avoidance may show up an inbalance in the braking/turning of the car - majority of chinese tyres are really bad in wet tests