AD08R / Track tyre pressure advice!

Hi guys,

Can't get a definitive answer from search what people do, what they recommend, what's best practice etc., doing Snet in a few weeks and don't want to overheat my tyres, running AD08R's all round at factory cold pressure just for road use. What do you guys do on track, and what experiences of "fiddling" have you had? Toying with TPMS when I start doing more, but at the moment £200 is better spend on Eibach's!

Thanks in advance!

when i ran them at HF at bedford last year i droppped them to 26/27 front and 27/28 rear but thats just worked well for me when i was pressing on

Mind you it was a rather warm day

i guess it all comes down to how you want the car to behave

i prefer the back to be a little lighter and have a more glued in front end but some prefer a tad more understeer

it all comes down to trial and error

I'm on a ph1 Clio on 15s when cold I drop to 21 f 22 rear that gives me about 28 all round when hot so good for lift of oversteer , we all love a bit of lift off lol

I played with tyre pressures at Bedford all day last week. Started at the 32psi hot which many folks on here recommended but I found that too high, with too much understeer and not enough grip.

I tried all all pressures between 25psi - 32psi in 1 psi increments, up and down, on the day (sunny, dry but cool temp) and found 27-28psi on fronts and 25-26psi on rears best (all hot pressures).

However tyre pressures depend so much on track temp and type of tyres, and also how much tread. I was running Hankook Ventus V12's with lots of tread, too much tread really (6mm), so they were having a very hard time and were squirmy everywhere.

However tyre pressures depend so much on track temp and type of tyres, and also how much tread.

^^^^^^^^^+1

Warm day I would drop AD08R's to 28 all round. Steel inserts in the sidewalls on these tyres should in theory mean you could go a bit lower but I think it's a good compromise, certainly for a starting point as it'll probably be only +/- 1 maybe 2 out, but of course driving preferences play a part too.

If it was wet and cold I wouldn't change, cold perhaps 30.

I'm an inherently lazy person so never spend much if any time on pressures, equally you wont ever catch me fadging around with half tanks of fuel etc like some! I take the view of track days should be fun and easy, messing around with tyres ins't, imo at least. I'm never short of pace and I drive up, track and then drive home with minimal fuss. I remember seeing one guy using jerry cans to fill up every time he went out and only putting just enough fuel in, looked like a bellend to be frank and spent half the time titting around around on the car rather than actually driving it like you pay to do.

Solid advice, exactly what I was looking for, thanks mate! My thoughts exactly, a track day is fun and a good laugh, doesn't need to be treated like competition racing, was just a bit wary of overheating and prematurely wearing the tyres!