AD08RSs or PS4s

Will be getting new tyres soon and deciding on weather to get AD08RSs or PS4s. Car likely won't be tracked but used regularly on South Wales valley roads. Not fussed about ride quality or wet grip just will feel/turn in and grip be significantly better if I go with the Yoko's.

Why exactly? AD08s are meant to be very good.

Because the AD08RS is a different compound to the old AD08R and everyone has complained (Yokohama apparently are working to rectifying this).

PS4 are great, both in dry and wet, so they might be slightly less good in dry, but much better in wet, if you're not going on track and only road, I would go for PS4 over AD08RS, also consider Eagle F1 Asymmetric 5, they're brilliant (I have run 3 and 5 now) I did a roadtrip last Oct round Wales and Lake District and it performed faultlessly in ever changing conditions, we were pushing the cars too (still within our limits).

The RS isn’t an awful tyre, but it’s certainly nowhere near what the R used to be, the sidewall is stupidly soft.

PS4 hands down a better tyre.

+1 on the PS4, for how little rubber (in terms of tread) they have in comparison to a semi slick they are very impressive.

Reactions: Ollie-t
On roads then the PS4s are the ones to go for. However if you are hitting the track then the AD08RSs.

Why exactly? AD08s are meant to be very good.
They’re just better in every condition really.
AD08 are mediocre at best, and they certainly aren’t grippy on the road (dry or wet). Can you use them - yes, but you just can’t generate enough heat in them on the roads.

I dare bet on track, a PS4 would be quicker over a lap aswell… it just wouldn’t last as long as an AD08 would.

I dare bet on track, a PS4 would be quicker over a lap aswell… it just wouldn’t last as long as an AD08 would.
This is the reason I replaced my Cup 2s with the 08RSs. The Cups were destroyed after 2 sessions (Strips of rubber literally melted). The 08RSs do feel slower though.

I’ve just gone from PS4’s to Ad08r’s on my car which is used daily but also on track and the PS4’s on the road are a much better tyre in all conditions.

Thanks for the replies, didn't realise the AD08RS tyre was a step back from the AD08Rs. From research, the compound was made harder to meet new rolling resistance regs, reducing grip particularly at road speeds. PS4s it is.

You can daily any tyre, but I wouldn't.
My mates daily broke so he used his 2nd car with them on and he said it was horrible in anything other than dry.

I would suggest calming down on the tyre selection. Across the Internet there are posts, and I will paraphrase, "I have read on the Internet that Michelin PS4 are the only tyre to fit. Fitting them will give me instant smugness, make me far more attractive to sexual partners, cure baldness and cancer at the same time." There is no doubt that the Michelin is a good tyre, but there are plenty of others out there. I have seen posts with people lording it over others, in a Top Trump fashion, when they quote that their tyre will be 3 tenths faster on their Quashqi on the way to Tesco than your "shit" tyre and my Michelin cost more so you can't prove me wrong! For 95% of people 100% of the time wouldn't know the difference between the Michelin and a block of cheese. For the 5% that would, 95% of their driving will never get near the 100% of a tyres capability.

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Yiannis197 Car Parts For Sale 0