Track slag bought!!

Yes, I know, its not a 197 but.....

Saw this on the bay, needs work for road use but for the track all I need is the bumper, we'll pin the bonnet and make a feed to the airbox from the passenger side light!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280488586622&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Me and two lads from work fancied a toy so its been bought. Going to gut it and fit my buckets and harnesses from the 197 and the redtop battery, get the angle grinder out too I think :wink:

So will still be satying with the renault brand!

Should be a fun little toy TBH!

Thought you sold the 197 coz you had no money? It hardly makes any economical sense to buy a "track slag" and the other car you bought?

im sure you will have some fun in that by the time you and your mates have finished with it, lol

cheap as chips really.

Thought you sold the 197 coz you had no money? It hardly makes any economical sense to buy a "track slag" and the other car you bought?

No, the 197 is getting sold as I have taken pay cut so cant afford a massive finance payment and the **** fuel economy.

This cost £500 between 3 people! Hardly brakes the bank!

This way I save hundres a month with the boring derv I'll be driving but can still have fun!

Glad to hear you have got this Kev I bet you cant wait to get started on it! Should be another cracking little project! Can you not drop the engine out of the 197 and swap it to this before you take it to the stealers - you never know they might not check it lol! :smiley:

Is this the 'secret weapon'???

Glad to hear you have got this Kev I bet you cant wait to get started on it! Should be another cracking little project! Can you not drop the engine out of the 197 and swap it to this before you take it to the stealers - you never know they might not check it lol! :smiley:

Is this the 'secret weapon'???

Aye it sure is mate!!

Engine will be staying nigh on STD! Not spending £££ on this, I will get sarcasm off people like above!

Got buckets and harnesses etc already out of the 197!

Ah right cool! Should be great fun! What weight do you think you will get it down to after a heavy diet!? 850kg? It would be like a rocket! 200bhp/ton FTW! :thumbup:

Nice little car there mate, just need some nice bright colour scheme now!

Need any help with anything just let me know! Aslong as it ain't mechanical!

Ah right cool! Should be great fun! What weight do you think you will get it down to after a heavy diet!? 850kg? It would be like a rocket! 200bhp/ton FTW! :thumbup:

Yerp, can get them down to about that! Maybe less with some poly if some comes up cheap!!
Nice little car there mate, just need some nice bright colour scheme now!

Need any help with anything just let me know! Aslong as it ain't mechanical!

Thanks pal, I will hold you to that!

lots of fun for the money ! enjoy :thumbup:

Yeah, its not bad for the outlay Si really cost me £180 nicker :smiley:

Make sure you get some decent rubber on it this time mate!

Its a shame that r888's are gonna cost more than the car lol! :001_rolleyes:

Lol i thought as much! You seems pretty good at it to find that 172 for £520 lol!

Im sure you will find some slicks easy enough! :wink: