Track day driving lessons.

Any idea how much cause I recon improving my driving is worth an additional 20bhp lol....Been out in clio today and realise that I'm no where near using it to its full potential. I'm not accelerating hard enough, gear changings all wrong.....I bottle keeping clio in power band. Is it me or do others find it hard driving the clio really quickly????

Or do I have to 'man-up and grow a pair? lol

Last edited:
Best place to start is with an MSV day. They always have tuition available on thier days.

I thought every circuit would have to offer this sort of thing?

I know Knockhill is £125 for 20 laps in your own car with an instructor. 5 laps then in for a talk, out for 5 more, in for a talk. Then see how your doing etc etc.

Tuition is without doubt going to make you faster than modifications around a track, and hopefully it will make you a better road driver too.

Last time I was out on track my ITB'd, diffed, stripped, coilovered and track tyred Clio got it's arse handed to it by a STD 200 with a very handy driver. To say I let the car down is likely lol.

I've done some instructing/tuition work for a few supercar driving experience companies, haven't done it for a little while as the main company is currently building a new circuit, but I'd be more than happy to offer some tuition to anyone that feels they need it at cut price rates.

Without sounded like a cocky git, I've only ever had good feedback and I've instructed a wide range of people from 9 yr olds doing 110mph in a Ferrari 360, to little old ladies that can barely see over the steering wheel, to ex army servicemen with 1 leg (that was interesting but a little scary!) and all sorts inbetween. If anyone's interested feel free to drop me a pm.

Last time i was at cadwell i was asked by a R26R driver to give him some tuition and in one 20min session shaved 4 seconds of his lap times .

Still awaiting his videos of in car footage but ill post it up when it arrives .

Felt good to be helping others :smile:

Will you (Arron) be coming up Knockhill with Bo this year again for the Time Attack?

Yes . . Will be booking "hotel" ( i use that term loosly given the last one we stayed in ! ) :smile:

TBH i would LOVE LOVE LOVE to do the track in reverse but i cant justify all that way in june or when ever it is :worried:

Why mate ?

Coz the day before the time attack, much like last year, there's a trackday. Am booked onto it. Is Bo?

Not sure but ill book on .

think im coming down a few days before anyway ill book it at same time as hotel .

any idea on how many spaces left > prices etc ?

On track tuition is one of bet things I've done. I learnt more in ten minutes on track with someone who knows what theyre at then I did in five years of driving. I make a point o trying to get tuition whenever possible I've been out three times now with the guys from Renault, it's helps that my bro in law was also a track instructor for a while so get some free tuition :smile:

Not sure but ill book on .

think im coming down a few days before anyway ill book it at same time as hotel .

any idea on how many spaces left > prices etc ?

Tis 125 but there's free tuition all day. It's organised by SIDC. Best days I've been on tbh.