The Definitive What Suspension Do You Have Thread...

What's Your Setup?

• Cup

Votes: 165 39.5%
  • Non-Cup

Votes: 75 17.9%
  • P.I Springs - £115

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • KW Springs - £155

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Apex Springs - £100

Votes: 2 0.5%
  • Spax Springs - £165

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • H&R Coilovers - £950

Votes: 9 2.2%
  • Avo Coliovers - £

• Eibach Springs - £195

Votes: 24 5.7%
  • Ohlins Coilovers - £

• KW V1 Coilovers - £750

Votes: 13 3.1%
  • KW V2 Coilovers - £

Votes: 3 0.7%
  • KW V3 Coilovers - £1350

• Bilstein Coilovers - £750

Votes: 18 4.3%
  • H&R -30mm/-30mm - £185

Votes: 12 2.9%
  • H&R -30mm/-40mm - £185

Votes: 36 8.6%
  • H&R -40mm/-40mm - £185

Votes: 10 2.4%
  • Spax RSX Coilovers - £750

• KW Clubsports Coilovers - £1750

• AST Sportline II Coilovers - £1500

Votes: 7 1.7%
  • The one thats gonna beat Will now as my car works!

Votes: 3 0.7%
  • GAZ Gold

Votes: 11 2.6%

• Total voters
I was wrong assuming I've the later top mounts, turned out it's the early ones! Decided to get the Bilstein B14's. Where's the best place to order them? Anything south of £843 would be great!

I'm also replacing the top mounts with new, OEM ones. Am I missing an opportunity by not getting adjustable ones? Car is used daily on road and occasionally (3-5 times a year only) on track.

Thanks!
I’d say you’re missing an opportunity to get adjustable mounts mate.

Have a chat with @tombate911 he can hook you up

Cup trophy with adjustable Koni dampers & H&R progressive springs & Compbrake top mounts. Had all the adjustable Powerflex bushes too. The Konis were superb.

How was this setup for track days vs road driving? I daily my Clio and wanted something that will be able to deal with bumpy roads, but not have the wobble the FF cars have on the track.

I am looking for lowering springs for my non-cup 200 and I am pretty much set on eibach pro springs because of the ride quality, but then I came across the Whiteline lowering springs which are currently on sale and they offer progressive spring rate as well. Has anyone used Whiteline springs before?

I am looking for lowering springs for my non-cup 200 and I am pretty much set on eibach pro springs because of the ride quality, but then I came across the Whiteline lowering springs which are currently on sale and they offer progressive spring rate as well. Has anyone used Whiteline springs before?
Been wanting to find out also.
Found them on KAM Racing but cannot find a review that's on a Clio

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

What I can tell is that both sets of springs for 197 and 200 were designed to work with the cup shocks from what whiteline sent me.

The spring rates for the 197
4.4kg fronts
6.2kg rears

15mm drop on the front and 20mm on the rear

Spring rates for the 200
4.7kg fronts
6.2kg rears

With same drop 15mm front and 20mm at the rear

I am tossing up to get springs and new cup shocks or just got straight coilovers but the price jump is a worry.

Main issue I have is no one has tried them or and I do not want to make the car ride and handle like shit

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

I've got H&R 30mm springs with standard shocks/dampers but the back is very rocky/bouncy. Would this ease if I got rear cup dampers?

I have late RS200 stock FF Cup pack for now. But since one of the front dampers is shot I wonder which way I will go.
I drive 90 percent B-roads. Some very nice and smooth, some not so...

To me stock cup suspension feels a bit oversprung and underdampened on rebound, but It adds some liveliness to the driving in exchange of stability. But i is not what I am used to. Does not mean Its bad.

I consider next options:

1) Buy new front (maybe back too) cup shocks - they are cheap. They are tuned by RS guys in Dieppe, so the car drives like it was meant to drive. Then maybe add some Eibach springs to slam it a bit, but not so much. I dont want to make o hole through sump on some bumpy road :smiley:

2) Buy complete KONI sport KIT. I have had KONI spot dampers on MkI Ford focus and they were awesome. Ran them somwhere in the middle of settings and was quite happy. Car was extremely planted, but not very lively. This can be mitigated by front to rear tire pressure balance. To change settings on the rear KONi dampers means to remove them, so it was set and forget for me.
They have fixed compression tune and adjustable rebound, so you can easily adjust balance betwen those two.
Wonder, how they will work on clio?

3) For the same money as KONI, one can have yellowspeed coilovers. They have combined compression-rebound adjustment, so I am bit of afraid about balance of those two. Because if you want to add liveliness so back of rebound a bit, you also back off compression and you will have more body roll. And vice versa. If you want to have more stable car, you may have too "wooden" compression. I dont think I will fettle with settings through the year, because It will not be a trackday car and you need to have some universal setting, because B roads are so versatile and you never know, where you end up :smile:

4)Bilstein B14 - Not likely that I will buy these, because I think they will be too soft and without adjustments.

I wil be glad, If you comment on my thoughts :wink: Maybe some of my thinking is wrong.

I have late RS200 stock FF Cup pack for now. But since one of the front dampers is shot I wonder which way I will go.
I drive 90 percent B-roads. Some very nice and smooth, some not so...

To me stock cup suspension feels a bit oversprung and underdampened on rebound, but It adds some liveliness to the driving in exchange of stability. But i is not what I am used to. Does not mean Its bad.

I consider next options:

1) Buy new front (maybe back too) cup shocks - they are cheap. They are tuned by RS guys in Dieppe, so the car drives like it was meant to drive. Then maybe add some Eibach springs to slam it a bit, but not so much. I dont want to make o hole through sump on some bumpy road :smiley:

2) Buy complete KONI sport KIT. I have had KONI spot dampers on MkI Ford focus and they were awesome. Ran them somwhere in the middle of settings and was quite happy. Car was extremely planted, but not very lively. This can be mitigated by front to rear tire pressure balance. To change settings on the rear KONi dampers means to remove them, so it was set and forget for me.
They have fixed compression tune and adjustable rebound, so you can easily adjust balance betwen those two.
Wonder, how they will work on clio?

3) For the same money as KONI, one can have yellowspeed coilovers. They have combined compression-rebound adjustment, so I am bit of afraid about balance of those two. Because if you want to add liveliness so back of rebound a bit, you also back off compression and you will have more body roll. And vice versa. If you want to have more stable car, you may have too "wooden" compression. I dont think I will fettle with settings through the year, because It will not be a trackday car and you need to have some universal setting, because B roads are so versatile and you never know, where you end up :smile:

4)Bilstein B14 - Not likely that I will buy these, because I think they will be too soft and without adjustments.

I wil be glad, If you comment on my thoughts :wink: Maybe some of my thinking is wrong.

Out of those options I would go for Yellowspeed, you said "they only have combined adjustments" but unless you buy KW V3s (which are 3x the price) nothing really has separate damping adjustment for rebound and compression. Don't forget too that the YSR coilovers have monotube front and rear dampers which help (B14s only have fronts and I think Koni are twin tube only). Also they come with adjustable top mounts too, so you can fine tune camber, which the others don't come with.

If you can afford something that has separate damper settings, this will trump all of the options above, but I assume you don't want to spend that much.

It's all a balancing act between cost and the adjustment and level of quality you get.
I dream of owning a set of AST, Nitron or Ohlin coilovers with external reservoirs etc, but they're thousands of pound!

suj:
KONI have set compression and you can adjust just rebound so you can tune compression vs rebound ratio. That is what i meant. YSR have this ratio set and you can make them overall more or less stiff.
I dont think i need separate adjustment for fast road car. At leas not yet.
I know KONIs are twintube, but so are some KW AFAIK.

To be honest, YSR for me sounds too good to be true, for the price of B14 or KONI Sport. So there should be some drawback :smile: So I agree about that balancing act with you :wink:

Camber adjustment would be cool, but since I have late top mounts I wont be able to adjust literally nothing. I don't want to cut bigger holes in a car .)

Yes Koni only adjust rebound, but that's not really loads better than combined really, as compression might be set really stiff or soft as standard.

Coilovers for MK3 Clios have always been super high end, or B14s, not anything inbetween, whereas many other makes have sooo many options that are similar to YSR (My E36 HSDs are exactly that price with same features). Why I was so happy when somone came to fill that gap, also @leeboy has been working with BC Racing to get similarly priced to YSR coilovers out soon for Clio 197/200.

Yeah then you'll struggle to run camber on any suspension unfortunately.