Definitive Thread For 200 Projector Headlamp Conversion

ForgedV

Gold Member
Firstly I apologies for another thread about projectors.

I've been scanning through multiple threads and members posts on the conversion, and in the "how to" section but can't seem to find a thread that shows everything start to finish on how to do the conversion. So my question is does one exist?

I can see the front bumper removal thread but nothing that follows with doing the headlamp conversion. Also with the majority of people carrying out the conversion to fit Xenon HID kits, what kid they used and what bulbs etc, iirc its H1 dipped beam? Do the HID kits still allow for the bulb to sit into the headlamp correctly with only the spring clip holding it in place?

Also what people have done with the plugs? I'm not 100% sure on this one myself but i remember reading the plugs different? 3 pin to 2 pin for the headlight adjusters? How have people overcome this?

H7 bulbs for the corner bulbs which don't work I've seen that enough. Just looking to get all things ready to allow the conversion to go as smooth as possible.

Hopefully someone can point me in the right direction or answer the above questions.

Thank you

Conversion will be carried out using the ECP Valeo headlamps if that should make any difference rather than second hand.

Anyone please correct me if I am wrong but from memory I did this:

From your questions, yes it is H1 and they fit like any other bulb - you just have to cut a hole in the rubber seal so that the HID wires can pass back to the ballast. The headlight adjuster comes off the original reflector lights and fits the projectors - it is straight swap and pretty simple. No the turning lights will not work.

1. Remove bumper
2. Remove lights
3. Remove levelling motor and riveted bracket (part underneath light itself, very obvious as it is clearly missing from your new projectors)
4. Fit the levelling motor and rivet bracket to new projectors.
5. Fit indicator bulbs, side lights, H1 HID bulbs, main beam and old reflector bulbs in where the cornering lights are (they won't work but fill a hole).
6. Drill hole in sealing cup for dipped beam.
7. Refit headlights, position ballasts and route cabling - connections are often a bit loose so make sure they are tight and tape up with insulation tape.
8. Refit bumper.
9. Beer.