The Definitive What Exhaust Do You Have Thread...

What's Your System?

• Oreca- £480

Votes: 9 1.7%
  • Miltek- £530

Votes: 59 11.0%
  • Custom

Votes: 38 7.1%
  • Standard

Votes: 199 37.1%
  • TDF (Race)- £476

Votes: 3 0.6%
  • TDF (Road)- £456

Votes: 5 0.9%
  • Yozzasport

Votes: 9 1.7%
  • Supersprint

Votes: 10 1.9%
  • Akropovic (Slip-On)- £930

Votes: 7 1.3%
  • Akropovic (Full System)- £1092

Votes: 79 14.7%
  • K-Tec (1 Rear Silencers)

Votes: 16 3.0%
  • K-Tec (2 Rear Silencers)- £445

Votes: 45 8.4%
  • Standard (Centre-Selincer Removed)- £40->£60

Votes: 50 9.3%
  • Piper- £600

Votes: 5 0.9%
  • Bastuck- £570

Votes: 3 0.6%

• Total voters
No probs!!! Don't get me wrong I'm no expert, it's just going off my own experiences and experimentation. :smiley:

I've found that a larger diameter pipe with the same silencers give a deeper and less raspy tone then a smaller diameter pipe. You get more rasp with less diameter, and generally depending on the setup of the silencers, a lot less bass. You can of course change the tone to some degree with the silencers but they alter the bass/volume more than the rasp.

You can have a very large silencer that is very free-flowing. People often get muddled and see a whacking big backbox and think it's going to be restrictive, but this isn't the case at all. There's many different ways of setting up the internals of a silencer. You can have a virtually ''straight through'' silencer that has a fantastic flow rate and very little restriction but has a major effect on the acoustics.

Likewise, you can be fooled by a system with small silencers thinkng they'll be unrestrictive because they're small, but that's not always the case.

I read once in something from one of the lead engine designers for the Audi Le-Mans setup. He was being asked about the Diesel engines being very quiet and sounding very odd. He said that noise is a by-product, it's energy, it doesn't make or indicate power, it's just what's left after the explosion.

There's witchcraft in those boxes!!! :smile:

Last edited:
Does anyone make an aftermarket exhaust with slashed pipes like the OEM 197?

I hate the tail pipe look.

Akrapovic Evo for me, couldn't really ask for any more from an exhaust. Quiet enough when cruising, loud when you put your foot down and a noticeable performance gain!

this is my yozza
img0096mg.jpg

Are milltek on the 200 quite poppy/burbly with a decat? Considering one later this year and I love a pop and burble!

Yeah they sound really good mate. Fernandez has the original development one on his, I think there's a video earlier in this thread, if not just search You Tube for Clio 200 Miltek and it'll throw some clips up for you.

Mine had the milltek with sports cat, which helped me get a respectable 188bhp on RST rollers as a standard car

This was my ktec 197 exhaust with the 2 cans and fixed, slash cut tips

IMG_5206.jpg

Oh, and it sounded fantastic - especially after a couple of thousand miles. Could make it pop on every gear change with a bit of a blip on the throttle!

So milltek vs ktec?

Which is louder/poppier? They are both 3 silencer systems so I assume they are similar?

On the fitting front, would a normal garage be able to do it for me?

They're both about the same from what I've heard mate.

Fitting-wise, they're really simple. The hardest bit is getting the old system off, which will require cutting or dropping the rear beam. Either way is easy enough, no way takes any longer than the other way, you're looking at an hour at the most if you're at a garage or if you have access to a ramp yourself. You could do it on your driveway with limited experience in not much longer too to be honest...

Couldn't tell you to be honest as I've not head the JP in the flesh. You'd have to You Tube for that one.

JP are very good though, I've had them on a ocuple of other cars and their work is top notch.

Cheers bud. I had Jp decatted on my 182. Was insane.

I think I'm gonna go for something a bit quieter on the 200 so a ktec should suit it nicely. And it's cheap!

Only thing thats concerning me is the amount of silencers on the milltek :O

Im worried that it will be very quiet and hardly noticable. Anyone with a milltek give me a steer on what they are actually like?