The Definitive What Exhaust Do You Have Thread...

What's Your System?

• Oreca- £480

Votes: 9 1.7%
  • Miltek- £530

Votes: 59 11.0%
  • Custom

Votes: 38 7.1%
  • Standard

Votes: 199 37.1%
  • TDF (Race)- £476

Votes: 3 0.6%
  • TDF (Road)- £456

Votes: 5 0.9%
  • Yozzasport

Votes: 9 1.7%
  • Supersprint

Votes: 10 1.9%
  • Akropovic (Slip-On)- £930

Votes: 7 1.3%
  • Akropovic (Full System)- £1092

Votes: 79 14.7%
  • K-Tec (1 Rear Silencers)

Votes: 16 3.0%
  • K-Tec (2 Rear Silencers)- £445

Votes: 45 8.4%
  • Standard (Centre-Selincer Removed)- £40->£60

Votes: 50 9.3%
  • Piper- £600

Votes: 5 0.9%
  • Bastuck- £570

Votes: 3 0.6%

• Total voters
I have a K-TEC cat back sounds great nice and beefy,has a slight rattle now after a bit of abuse on the moors!a bit of ajustment and will be ok.

I agree. Someone wanna do the donkey work and find out the RRPs on these systems?

I know the Akra prices thats it.

Once we get the price info. Us mods can adjust the pole with new info.

These prices are average:

• Oreca cat back £480
  • Milltek cat back £530
  • KTR cat back £445
  • Bastuck full system £570
  • Piper cat back £600
  • Centre Silencer removal £40-£60

Last edited:
I've added the ones we know. The K-Tec one though, their website only has the 2 silencer option?

Lets hope so.

I'm positive I've seen the Supersprint system for sale before? Just canny remember where.

the single k-tec exhaust was the magnex system and no longer available!!!

its the one i have....

+1.

Identical to the Bastuck system...

The full Supersprint system is ~£600.

Both TDF systems are ~£500, just under I think.

Last edited:
+1.

Identical to the Bastuck system...

Both TDF systems are ~£500, just under I think.

The full Supersprint is ~£600.

Regal motorsport sell the componant parts to the supersprint but the site isn't very clear. They list the cat as 900 notes and just the centre pipe at over 200. More investigation is needed.

It can be had direct from Supersprint and also from Motorsport World... There's a couple of different configurations to it I think, Litchy had the most hardcore and it sounded immense!

He's since put an extra silencer in! :smiley:

It can be had direct from Supersprint and also from Motorsport World... There's a couple of different configurations to it I think, Litchy had the most hardcore and it sounded immense!

Big girl's blouse :smiley:

Found the TDF prices: http://www.tdfexhausts.com/

I assume that for the road system with a sports cat it'll be £456+£295=£751?

Or have I totally misunderstood that?

The supersprint costs between 870 and 1100 depending upon configuration from kam racing for the 200, that's based on cat back I think, their sports cats nearly double the price if you go for one..

Big girl's blouse :smiley:

Found the TDF prices: http://www.tdfexhausts.com/

I assume that for the road system with a sports cat it'll be £456+£295=£751?

Or have I totally misunderstood that?

The supersprint costs between 870 and 1100 depending upon configuration from kam racing for the 200, that's based on cat back I think, their sports cats nearly double the price if you go for one..

LOL My ears are still ringing.....far to hardcore for me plus really upset the engine initially losing the centre section. Talk about a flat spot!!! Can't imagine what it must be like losing the cat. Press pedal....wait....wait a bit longer then power. Much nicer now....

Full Milltek with decat for me, had the 1st 200 exhaust as I gave the car to them for development, although I don't think there is much difference between the 200 and 197 systems.

Love the sound of it, it, pops and burbles very nice and sounds awesome on full chat. Only downside is the drone at 70 in 6th but thats easy to bypass by applying more pedal, lol.

Quality wise I can't fault it, people used to slate Milltek for bad quality but mine is standing the test of time and abuse, had the system on for just over 18 months and covered nearly 40k with it.

I'll get some fresh footage of it and post it. Next up is to remove the centre silencer for more noise then a fresh remap to go with the airbox and larger TB.

Overall I'm well happy, I still remember when I picked it up the difference in noise was amazing and it felt like it had another 28.7bhp (unconfirmed of course :wink: )

Fernandez - Would love to see the video when you get round to doing it. This is the system I want to go for but only found one video on the net.

Custom

living in Australia just makes everything even more expensive when importing parts from the UK. So in looking for an exhaust i am considering going the custom route. Any thoughts or experiences with customs? i know this may be a vague question, but anything may help and is greatly appreciated

There's nothing wrong with a custom system mate.

As long as the diameter is right and the bends are mandrel then that's the two main things. The advantage a custom has over and off-the-shelf is that you can decide on the tone and volume yourself so it's an opportunity to have something truely unique. If you take it somewhere reputable then I'm sure you'll have no issues. I've had a couple of custom systems and they both better than off-the-shelf alternatives in terms of overall performance.

I'll be making a couple of my own design towards the end of the summer in fact. No harm in experimenting. :smile:

What sort of Import Tax do you have to pay for stuff from over here?

Last edited:
There's nothing wrong with a custom system mate.

What sort of Import Tax do you have to pay for stuff from over here?

Thanks for the response mate, really helpful, any suggestions in terms of diamtere with past experiences?

And its not really the import Tax the cost comes in mainly with the currency conversion and then the cost of shipping heavy items like an exhaust :tongueout: Then you also have to consider the intial cost of the car :tongueout: Cars are far more expensive here then over in the UK. And with how young i am, insurance gets me aswell. Overall its just very expensive over in AUS but its worth it for my CLIO :smile:

No problem! :smile:

The standard diameter with aftermarket systems for the 197/200 seems to be 2.5". From my own experience, I think you could reduce that to 2.25" and not suffer any real performance dip. I base this on the fact that I've seen and worked on larger capacity and higher power cars/engines with less than 2.5" systems so I know 2.25" can flow a lot of gas.

Changing the diameter will however have an effect on the speed/efficiency of the gas flow. Thinner pipes will flow more quickly, generally, than thicker ones but won't be able to shift as large a volume of gas as effectively. Think of it as like pinching the end of a hosepipe!

I'm not sure what the standard system diameter is, I think it's 2.25" but I stand to be corrected.

The diameter can have a big effect on tone/volume too.

No problem! :smile:

The standard diameter with aftermarket systems for the 197/200 seems to be 2.5". From my own experience, I think you could reduce that to 2.25" and not suffer any real performance dip. I base this on the fact that I've seen and worked on larger capacity and higher power cars/engines with less than 2.5" systems so I know 2.25" can flow a lot of gas.

Changing the diameter will however have an effect on the speed/efficiency of the gas flow. Thinner pipes will flow more quickly, generally, than thicker ones but won't be able to shift as large a volume of gas as effectively. Think of it as like pinching the end of a hosepipe!

I'm not sure what the standard system diameter is, I think it's 2.25" but I stand to be corrected.

The diameter can have a big effect on tone/volume too.

If there is no performance differences between 2.25 and 2.5, would the 2.5 generally be louder or have more of a note? (Im very new to all this so sorry bout the questions, and thank you very much again for the help :tongueout: )