Scirroco or 197?

Audi S3? Audi TT? You can get a new one for £27 I think. That Scirrocco is very expensive. It's only a VW for christs sake!

this is a stupid and pointless thing to say.

that like saying its only a renault or its only a vauxhall they all make good and bad cars.

this is a stupid and pointless thing to say.

that like saying its only a renault or its only a vauxhall they all make good and bad cars.

I don't really understand the point you are trying to make here Aron, this is what I was saying. Everyone bangs on about VWs being such good quality and you pay for what you get. But TBH, there are good and bad cars in all manufacturer's historys and in the present day. I think that VWs are overpriced for what you get. Consider the roots of the Mk 1 Golf and how much that cost in it's GTi trim all those years ago.

And I would prefer it if you didn't call my comments stupid and pointless again in the future thankyou.

okay its bad news after my trip to VW tonight anyways they wont budge on the price and they have changed there offer to £9500 for my car wich is poor.

It stands me to lose over 12k in 18months plus the 2400 i spent on engine work. the bonnet , KW's and disks can be sold so id get 2k back i'd need to do a swap with some R27 wheels and tyres + £300 for my R26 wheels then i will have to put £2.700 of my own money in to drive away in a scirroco.

i cant see how itd make any sense at all to do this.

to top it all off the finance payment would be £479 a month plus insurance

???????????????????????????????????????????????????????

I'd tell them to swivel. Talking of money..........................................

u'll get some money too dont worry arran i havnt forgotten fair is fair I am a man of my word.

in the current climate woody unless you got a bottomless pit of
money stick with what you got

it looks like im going to have to roy. im considering a bike instead thats more of a thrill keep the 197 for weekends.

Woody, your car is mint mate, no one will think you look a chav in it. Just keep it until the car is just over 3 years old and the depreceation slows down if you really want a quicker 0-60 car. I kept my 1.2 Clio until it was nearly 3 and a half years old and I finally got some equity in it! I tried to trade in it not even a year before and would have just been the wrong side of breaking even!

Back on topic though, having driven my car over 400 miles this weekend I think the Clio is so much fun to drive. I was really giving it some death round the country lanes in Somerset and the little thing just grips and grips and grips. It is so much fun and really puts a smile on your face.

Now my friend has just gone from a Fiesta ST to a Civic Type R and that thing feels so heavy and lazy, even as a passenger. I really wouldn't want to be pushing it round the corners like I was in mine.

Put it this way, he was speechless when we got to our destination after a blast in the Clio!

Straightline speed is not all it's cracked up to be and will loose you your licence. Get in the twisty and enjoy those V3s! Lol!

Yup, the clio has much grip! Just came back from time attack around Sepang Circuit, Malaysia. Goes where I like it to go, however straight line speed dies to all them Type-R's here. :tongueout: Extremely fun!

www.timetoattack.net

okay its bad news after my trip to VW tonight anyways they wont budge on the price and they have changed there offer to £9500 for my car wich is poor.

It stands me to lose over 12k in 18months plus the 2400 i spent on engine work. the bonnet , KW's and disks can be sold so id get 2k back i'd need to do a swap with some R27 wheels and tyres + £300 for my R26 wheels then i will have to put £2.700 of my own money in to drive away in a scirroco.

£9500 isn't poor, that's the official Glass's guide book figure. Someone must've balls'd right up with that original £13K valuation!

news in today. they will give me 10500 for my car and id only have to pay a £1500 deposit.

I am currently looking at S3 but they are a little . . . .lets say . . . drug dealerish.

I love the scirroco i'd through it on coilovers and have it mapped in the first month of having it and it would be a real contender for 197's handeling and performance then.

Still a lot of money though mate. Have you looked at TTs or are they not really what you were going for? They have surprising amounts of luggage space, but you can forget using the rear seats for passengers! They look smart and go better than the Rocco, even though they have the same engine. Residuals are better and there aren't as many on the road. It won't have the magnetic ride for the price you want to pay I don't think, but if you are thinking of changing the suspension anyway then getting a car with it fitted would be a bit of a waste of time anyway? Maybe?

uve got a good point there arran the adaptive chassis would be lost on coilovers. tbh i wudnt race it around anyways its a luxury car more than performance. ive looked at audi's they are asking for rediculous money for there version of the DSg equipped models with as low mileage are like £30k plus which i deffo cant afford.

thats Golf R territory.

still in two minds anyway cus i love the 197.

Oh ok, I forgot about the DSG/S Tronic. What age car are you looking for? Newer than yours or as new as you can get for around £27k or prefereably nearly new?

yeah its 10 reg with 1300 miles on the clock. white with 19' gloss black wheels and fully loaded with all teh goodies inside sat nav panaramic sunroof dsg bluetooth parking sensors etc etc

If I was spending 27k I would be looking at the Meg 250.

Imo I think the Scirocco looks like a slapped fish, its a good price for your car but I bet they will hardly budge on the price or if they do yours will drop.