Scirroco or 197?

yeah i know i think my decision is made. im going to wait 6 months and then order a golf R which is what i really went in for in the first place.

13000 fro yours i surgest you call them and order one asap.

May aswell, new car , 0 miles , comfy , more spec , looks better , easily tunable ......

seriouslly mate do it , or wait for the new VXR

yeah i know mate thats what i was thinkin. i can have a new one this week if i wanted with 1000 miles on the clock ill post the link in a mo so u can have a look

Serioulsy dude, I think you should do what YOU want to do and not be pressured into anything unless you are 100% about it!

As much as I love the 197's, I have to say it would be a fantastic swap but alot of extra cash!! A friend of mine has the diesel version, and i've not sat in comfier seats! Fantastic looks, lovely smooth ride, put in in sport mode and its stiffened up and comfort for a nice relaxing ride, great interior (touch screen radio/cd/ipod is awesome) the headlights are dazzlingly bright for country roads and the only downside is the rear view and blind spot becuase of its curves, parking is a bit a pain but he specced sensors so it takes away the trouble really! If I had the chance/money i'd take one, but its really down to you!

Last edited:
i know mike just asking the question as i dont really know myself lol.

yeah it was mate. im a bit iffy about the colour now and thats the only thing thats stopping me. white?

yeah it was mate. im a bit iffy about the colour now and thats the only thing thats stopping me. white?

I reckon, IF you do it, you should get dark blue.

How do they make those cars anyways? Do they get a steam roller and roll over a golf????

Shall i tell u , im only 21 and i have ploughed 1000's into cars its all i have even been intrested in and it took me ages to find the car i wanted the trouble is i just did not know what i wanted i THOUGHT i did .

i have owned

golf mk 2
metro 1.4
gold 1.4 tdi
bmw e30 318is
bmw e30 325i
bmw e36 318is
bmw e36 328i msport
bmw e46 320d
bmw e46 328i msport
mazda rx8
mondeo 2.0tdci
astra 1.9 tdci 150 bhp
CLIO 197

and now finally after buy the latest the VXR i can honestly say i have not given it a second thought as to what car i want next or even thought about any other car .

with all the other i would get it and instantly be thinking " yeh after this im gonna have "

but i am trully ahppy with the vxr its everything i need . quick comfy spacious quiet (ish) loads of spec , looks good.

think very carefully about buying your next car the list of cars is all the cars i have owned sice i passed my test ,, just imagine how much money i have wasted !!!!

be carefull mate

Last edited:
Unfortunately, every car you currently own will be the best car you've ever owned, so Aron, when you find your next car, you'll be bashing the VXR in the same way you are bashing the 197 now (and all your other cars) :wink::wink::wink:

thats always the case isnt it. the 197 is the best car ive owned so far. until the day comes that i own a brabus CL65 bi turbo i wont be fulfilled lol

Unfortunately, every car you currently own will be the best car you've ever owned, so Aron, when you find your next car, you'll be bashing the VXR in the same way you are bashing the 197 now (and all your other cars) :wink::wink::wink:

Your WRONG VERY VERY WRONG .

i will never slate the clio ?? not sure where you got that from it is an amazing car . as i said and made a poitn of saying in the above post it was NOT what i needed regardless of weather i wanted it or not .

i love the clio and if i could have afforewed to have both i would still have it now and never sell it . which is why its very important to find the car that makes you feel good AND does what you need it to . ie motorway cruzes etc

for example thee46 328 msport brilliant car quick not super quick but quick . but it was sooo expensive to maintain and the rear seats did not fold flat as it had a metal parcel shelf thus when i drove it i was like wow this is amazing handed over the cash cared for it polished it etc etc but after a while of not being able to fit anything other that a shoe in the back it gets boring and tiresiome as did the servicing costs etc

does that make sence i can honestly say i am the VXR is the car for me right now .

i would love the clio back , as i would the mondeo at 50mpg but i want a all rounder ie clio track whore , mondeo great cruzer m way and good mpg .

and on that bombshell lol

You made perfect sense sir :smile:

For me, until Germany a month ago, no car on the road interested me at all, and the 197 was the ONLY car for me.

Now, however, I want the 200.

When you've owned your car for a little longer, maybe after a year and have played with it to the limit, then there will be something else you want :smile::smile:

On THAT bombshell:

thread_direction.gif

:smile:

You made perfect sense sir :smile:

For me, until Germany a month ago, no car on the road interested me at all, and the 197 was the ONLY car for me.

Now, however, I want the 200.

When you've owned your car for a little longer, maybe after a year and have played with it to the limit, then there will be something else you want :smile::smile:

On THAT bombshell:

thread_direction.gif

:smile:

WELL SAID , EVO 8 ANYONE LOL

Back on topic as i say get what you think is best but rember get something easie to tune so if you do get bored u can throw a bit of £££ it and have a new feeling car again . example a 2.0lt turbo of your choice lololololol;/

i specced it to cost £40,275 i can have a used nissan R35 GTR for that money lol

IMO not worth anywhere near that much there are so many other amazing cars out there for less than half that . not to go on and i know you dont want one but as an example you can buy like a 2008 plate vxr with all th extras for like 12k now lol silly money buy used and if it is a vw you want then best to stop spending on the cllio and wait till theydrop in price