Scirroco or 197?

E

Ed...

Today i am left with a dilema i need honest answers even though we are all 197/200 fans

bear in mind i have had a lot of work done to my clio and it is running sweeter than ever with 30k on the clock and a full service history.

went looking round VW garage not really intending to buy a car but i noticed out of the corner of my eye a Scirroco in candy white black 19' alloys fully specd up inside leather and bluetooth 2.0 tsi

they offered me £13k for mine and id have to put £1k down

its lovely to drive but whats ure opinions?

Im a renaultsport fan so it would not be for me but its up to you in the end only you have to drive it!!

Nashy

bug bears i have with the 197 at the minute is its noisy on the motorway not comfortable on long journeys and looks like a bit of a boy racer car when i turn up to clients houses.

i love em mate,

we came so close to getting one as well, but the misses went for the Golf GT TDI 140 instead (top spec) which was £21,500. the only thing that put her off was the rear is quite fat and the rear view wasnt great. she,s terrible at reversing anyway lol.

but yes they do look the buisness dont they,

would i have one over the 197 ?

yes i think i probabally would.

13k for your car. :zomg:
Personally I'd go for the sirroco.

They look mean with black rims, even from the back..

MCCHIP-Volkswagen-Scirocco-2.jpg

YOUR choice dude, doesn't matter what the bias people will think :smile::smile::smile:

I quite like them, but being money minded, I wouldn't fork out for another car, whatever it is.

Boy racer car? Naaa, chavs can't afford 197's....yet :smile:

i know i was gutted when they said that lol but thats the book price apparently. its really nice inside aswell and the turbo'd 2 litre was very responsive. i will add aswell it has a paddle DSG gearbox aswell. downside is they are heavy and visibilty isnt very good in them plus they arnt as rare as 197's on 230 wheels and KWV3 lol

its used with 1300 miles on the clock at . . . . . .

£27, 895

too pricey?

if im honest mike i would be cutting my losses on the engine work and not saying anything. the V3's would come off and the carbon bonnet would come off, KTR 2 piece disks off and sold for half what i payed other than that the wheels would have to stay on as I sold the others lol.

if im honest mike i would be cutting my losses on the engine work and not saying anything. the V3's would come off and the carbon bonnet would come off, KTR 2 piece disks off and sold for half what i payed other than that the wheels would have to stay on as I sold the others lol.

If i was you, I'd get rid. Especially if you have to go to client's in the 197. Its just not really professional.

Its a bit of a midlife crisis car, unless your under 30. haha.

yeah but they arnt a comfy car with class are they? they look abit boy racer too.

yeah but they arnt a comfy car with class are they? they look abit boy racer too.

RS's are even worse of a midlife crisis car! One of my friends dad has one, he is pretty much a multimillionaire and has it as his runaround. Why have a Ford RS when you could have a Bentley or something, lol.

Wooaaaahhhhh, I would never spend that much on a car, I had no idea that it was that much.

The way I look at it is: What could that extra £14k get me? (house deposit etc) Is your 197 gonna cost you £14k etc etc?

It would be a big no no for me, nice as hey are, that is lottery winning material!

Is your 197 on finannce? How would you feel about having nearly £30k on finance for a car?

Nice though. I would! :wink:

thats the problem i pull up in a pimped 197 thats eating tarmac . . . . . for some clients its a talking point like phwoooar i bet thatll shift, but others feel a bit bemused by it thinkin i dont know what im talking about cus i am just a chav boyracer . . . even though I am far from that lol.

its a proper dilema cus i really like the scirroco allthough they are 10 a penny

Isn't he just paying 1k for the car? or am i missing something, lol.

if your paying another 14k for it, no way, not worth it.

Isn't he just paying 1k for the car? or am i missing something, lol.

if your paying another 14k for it, no way, not worth it.

£13k for his trade in, £1k cash then I assume the difference is on finance?

the cars bought outright through my business "company car" lol i know where ure coming from with the 14k extra. tbh though i bough the 197 for 19k spanking new.

I went to the garage to look for a used R32 and they are like gold dust. i enquired about a golf R and they arnt making them untill they have an order of 500 which could be in 3 years so i saw this scirroco sitting there with black wheels and i thought yeah thats classy