Scirroco or 197?

u see the megane 250 looks like the bodykit is stuck onto the standard megane and i wouldnt pay that money for a renault no disrespect to renault but VW make better more reliable cars and id pay the extra for that.

the performance of the scirroco is the same as the 197 if not better due to the turbo. its on a magnetic ride so u can adjust between comfort and sport at the flick of a switch. auto cars are lovely for driving distance wich i do.

ill think about it anyway. i put a £3k deposit down so they dont sell it but if i change my mind i get it all back.

i wanna do the ring next year aswell so that would stop me selling it.

yeah ill bump the thread later tonight and see what other ppl say. cheers for ure advice guys

That Rocco is massively overpriced, you can get new Rocco Rs for that if you shop around. Also, the bit about the Golf R not being available until they've x-orders is horsesh*t, you can order one today.

The Rocco out of the box though is way quicker than the GTI. The new engine is better, remaps better (stage 1 circa 260 instead of 245/stage 2 300 instead of 270), the chassis is better, it's lighter with lower centre of gravity etc etc.. all it needs is brakes, they're toss!

VAG dealers are being absolute jokers with anything rare-ish, because people are paying daft money for them and they know it.

Keep your Clio, pick up a 320D on a private plate for work duties, job done.

Otherwise, you could buy my DSG GTI..

Last edited:
yeah u can order a R but u wont get it untill they have 500 orders lol.

they make alcon (air bus) brakes for scirroco lol thats a point. also i would map it yes and the gains are immense

I am currently in deep thought.

Nope, that bit about the R simply isn't true. Honestly, that's just dealer stupidity or BS... but they still aren't s good as the Rocco R anyways.

My Alcons fit Roccos, they're sat in the garage now as it happens ;-)

Id say keep the clio and buy a much cheaper diesel for work and keep the clio as your hobby. But thats my opinion. Also...you paid 19k for yours??!!

Running 2 cars is only more expensive if your fuel savings are less than the tax and insurance... now if you're claiming as a company car, you'll know the scams involved.

im in discussions with my brother (accountant) and my dad (financial adviser) lol

...I looked at a Scirocco before ordering the 200.....they are very nice cars, but they are very expensive....Clio is so much better value for performance per pound.....also, I couldn't afford the R version, so I would be very frustrated that there is better available.....so stuck with the Clio and I think I made the right choice! There Scirocco's are getting a bit common as well these days!!