Scirroco or 197?

yeah i didnt really want a used one though mate. performance cars are ragged to bits i know cus i do it myself. my car owes me about 18k not 13k what they offered lol but im considering cutting my losses and going with a car that holds its value better.

From what you said your wanting which is roughly, a good looking all rounder thats tuneable and discreet for when it's being used for work thee best option is...

IMO and it's what I'll be looking at buying next you cant beat a 335i or a 335d especially for the money of that Roc' !

Isn't this thread majorly in the wrong section too :lol: ???

Last edited:
If you want a Golf R, get one at 12 months old when someone else has taken a massive hit on it. The market will be loaded soon with all the VAG company cars comping to end of term, you don't think Joe Public bought them all, eh?

they are like rocking horse poop golf R's look on autotrader. they are holding there value

ill sleep on it and see how i feel in the morning. I think the appeal of another new car has just grabbed me today.

yeah but to be fair the R32 has held its value for a long time. u wont pick a decent 1 of them up for less that 16k now

Yeah, they're a really good car and the end of the V6 era.

Is a Golf R 10k+ more car than an S3 though? It's a big risk if VW decide to flood the market with Golf Rs at some point and the rarity value bombs. There was only supposed to be 1500 Edition 30s, VW decided to flood more with a big discount and there's something like 2700, they've got form for it.

the cars bought outright through my business "company car" lol i know where ure coming from with the 14k extra. tbh though i bough the 197 for 19k spanking new.

I went to the garage to look for a used R32 and they are like gold dust. i enquired about a golf R and they arnt making them untill they have an order of 500 which could be in 3 years so i saw this scirroco sitting there with black wheels and i thought yeah thats classy

my local vw dealer has a golf r and is going test drives in them

Funny you should have this dilemma, my mate picked up a blue scirroco 2.0 tsi on friday! 58 plate with 18k miles and cost him £18k or thereabouts. Obviously it's a lovely looking car, really stands out...not sure on the back personally but I do really like it. Inside it's pure sex, leather seats the lot. Although the bucket type seats in the back do make it impossible to see out the back. It does have all the options though like the amazing parking sensors! But when we went for a drive I felt soooo underwhelmed. Yep its fast, not quite as fast as the 197 though I don't think. It was so quiet, u could barely hear the engine, nevermind the turbo or supercharger!! In corners it felt heavy, even with the sport suspension turned on. Look it's a lovely car, but for me, i'd be bored of it within weeks. That's just my view on it!

IMO I don't like the Scirocco - they were awesome when they came out but I see lots of them every day and to me they have completely lost their appeal. Every single one of them is in white too which would be another big turn off for me choosing one. If you are going to get one they used to sell them in a AG-ish colour which looked great (not sure if it is still an option though). I can agree with the above comment too, I dont think you will enjoy the drive, if you want something which is fast in a straight line buy an American muscle car or a Monaro - both of those would be cheaper options too.

Which get on to the next point... How can they justify the prices? I had a play with the configurator and added £7k of options like recaros, cruise control, stiffened suspension, dark alloys and metallic paint (no sat-nav, another £1.5k) all of which I have on my Clio lol!

That 13 grand trade-in is just their way of giving a discount on their ridiculously overpriced car without looking to be dropping the price. Try doing a deal against something cheaper and you won't get anywhere near that figure.

I went to look at an R32 the other day and was only offered £8K against the £14K Golf.

i took my car for a valuation at a renault garage when i was looking at the clio gordini. they offered me £5500 for mine, its imaculate in and out, with 43000 on the clock! they also said its losing £200 a month at them moment!! SHOCKING!!

Audi S3? Audi TT? You can get a new one for £27 I think. That Scirrocco is very expensive. It's only a VW for christs sake!