Rogue's Turbo'd R27 - 306bhp

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the best way to deal with such an exhausting and frustrating year!
If life gives you lemons, grab some tequila! :wink:

It seems to me that Angel slowly is becoming a missioner for the holy church of megged clios!
First litchy, now you... :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Haha Well I just now the conversions are becoming more common it must get easier.

I'll be on the phone to RST Monday to see what kind of money we are taking.

Unfortunately, even on this forum, there seems to be limited amount of information on actual parts needed.

Love my 225 setup....plenty of power, the diff works wonders but I'm running a meg box too. I know several other cars on here are running bigger power than me, but I have no idea why you'd want more really, as it spins up fairly easily as it is!

Welcome to the boost club. My advice would be wait for the 250 lump. The 225 engine is a complete lottery, unless you know the previous cars history. You could say the same about the 250 engine but unless it was a rep mobile or high mileage, you know the maximum it will be is 3/4 years as oppose to potentially 8/9 years old.

The 250 engine is good for 350bhp standard which would cost you the equivalent of 3k+ to forge in a 225. its not about more power cause you could still run it at 250 bhp standard, its about safety margins. If you did want more power in the future, you know the engine is capable of managing it without up-rating the internals. Its worth remembering that the 250 turbo is better too, and all those who have done the 225 conversion have generally changed for the 250 unit. This would be another £300 on top of what you paid for the 225 engine, and if your lucky, it may come with the 250 engine.

Good 225 engine is a grand, 250 engine is about £1500, and there's one on Ebay now for £1250!!!!!

The gearbox change is personal preference but I'd say wait again for the R26 meg box. The Clio box is great but you need to consider the issues that already exist with it, plus you'll be putting almost double the torque through it. Also unless moneys no option, your talking £1200+ to fit a diff. Andy on here changed from the Clio box to the Megane cause of issues around not being able to up-rate the clutch (?) I think. I'm sure he can cast more light on that. The R26 box comes standard with diff and are around £500, and with the gear link conversion (£75), is pretty short shift anyway. Also the gearing makes it a much more pleasant drive on the motorway....

I can only speak from my own experiences but I'm no mechanic or auto electrician either. I think people forget bolting the engine in is the easy bit, getting it to run is something on another planet. Its this that makes the conversion difficult and been the barrier previously to why these weren't done 8 years ago. Despite the perception, its still not plug n' play.

Cant deny RST are superb and did Jonesy's which was one of the first in the UK. I've used them myself previously and cant fault their work. Paul and Specky are good lads as well. I must say though you should also consider SteC. He's done mine and most on here, and has made this conversion affordable to most through his development work especially around ecu's.

Last edited:
Silver lining and all that dude. Worth noting that Paul at rst said he can change the data on any 225 Ecu regardless of date or make etc, saves having to run around looking for certain ones

will be we well worth it in the end anyway that's for sure

Soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo.......update

This got put on the back burner and I got fed up of the car. Sometimes It' like a rollercoaster of emotions! Put her up for sale and didn't get any real interest. Also spend ages and ages looking around for ideal replacements, and honestly, nothing in my price range captured my imagination. I was going to go 250, but then I was very specific about the one I wanted and it really wasn't panning out. Took her over to the ring and really enjoyed the drive whilst I was out there. I think half of my issue is I don't drive her enough, so that's my plan this year, clock up some miles. Smiles per miles!

So, this is how she's going to go down.

She's being collected on Friday and being transported up to SC Auto Electrics for a 250 conversion. The engine has already been bought and paid for, as has all the bits and bobs. Hybrid turbo, and SC's intercooler kit (quick way to spend £1300 there!) will probably steal the show. Upgrading the fuel pump and regulator as well. Should be done in a couple of weeks, then I have other stuff planned for her which I'm keeping quiet at the moment. Unsure of what brake she'll be pushing after that, just hope it's a strong engine.

It's in full swing now!

Awesome news Pete. It's great to see another one joining the boosted club, there's at least 3 in development at the moment then with yours, Tims and Aarons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
1 Gallery 11
Glenn_Adam_Doble Spotted 0