Rogue's Turbo'd R27 - 306bhp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rogue

Platinum Member
Marmite, because you're either gonna love it or hate it!

So I've had a few bits done to the car since I've had it, and I know everyone's seen it all before, but I thought i'd do my own little thread.

I wasn't actually going too, I was going to wait until after FCS, but given how I think the car will stand out, people from here might know who i am if they see me by the car. Anyway, you get the general idea.

So a couple months back, I purchaed an R27 in Deep Black. Originally wanted a LY or an Albi, but at the time there was no Albi's available and LY's seemed to be about £1000 more than any other colour. So I settled for black. She was absolutely stock when I got her, just had a cambelt change and full service.

Only thing I really wanted that she's missing is Xenons, but I can live without them. She's not my daily driver so I hope to be putting limited miles on her anyway.

As bought, she looked like this:

20120401113230.jpg

First thoughts were to keep her standard, then as the idea's and juices start flowing, I soon popped to Halfords to get some paint. I was going to go all black for that Stealth look, but decided against it...so I got yellow.

20120414184125.jpg

Having done the bits myself on the previous Clio, I knew it was easy enough. I'm not one of these people that does things by halves generally, i'm all or nothing. I don't particularly like it when people paint their centre console a different colours from their dash strips, so I went all in. At first it was a bit of an adjustment, but I've grown to love the interior and have taken a few compliments.

20120422090619.jpg

Had a customer sticker made for the wheel trim.

20120422090607.jpg

Again, all in the aim to be a bit "different".

I started to get to grips with the car a bit more, and decided upon my next mod. Read LED's. I think i see these on Fernandez's car first? Had to have some. I'm not a particular fan of the stock lights, unless it's on a UR car.

rearx.jpg

20120504182259.jpg

I really like them, again, not to everyone's taste, but who cares :wink:

Next came these:
20120516161745.jpg

Got a local garage to fit them, apparently they were a pig due to a bolt being sized somewhere or something but anyway they got done. I really feel the difference. Even over the cup springs, the car now seems to "bounce" a fair bit. First time i got in I felt like I needed travel sickness tablets lol. The car also had an AirCon service.

I ordered a few other bits, I got some yellow hoses from Exon (All 4 of them), upgraded the front and rear speakers (with a bit of gentle modification to the rears!) and then a carbon splitter came up for sale. I was slightly undecided what to do with it but went for a bold move and sent it of to Simon at SS. This was the finished result:

20120602155849.jpg

20120602172034.jpg

Personally, I think it looks bang tidy. Unfortunately, it took me less than 24 hours to scrape it up lol So i'm in process of trying to fix that.

I was due to buy a Diffuser off Kitt, but due to circumstances, that never happened, Soooooo, I sent mine off to SS, along with my badges and some wing mirror caps I got off ebay.

End Result:

20120614154650.jpg

20120614154612.jpg

The pictures really don't do it justice, and I think it looks great. I do now however think the back end looks unfinished, and i'm gearing towards a K-tec sprint spoiler in the same colour. But we'll see.

I feel like I also need to do something with the side of the car as I think it looks out of sorts

20120614154856.jpg

A certain someone is pushing me towards yellow wheels, but I think it might be over kill. - Undecided.

Have done:
- Sunglasses holder (Sunglasses don't fit tho!)
- Black Bullets
- Smoked rear lights and side repeaters
- Upgraded speakers all round
- Yellow Exon hoses
- Liquid Yellow Genuine RS Front Splitter (Spray Shack)
- LY Rear Diffuser (Spray Shack)
- LY Diamonds (SS)
- LY Mirror Caps (SS)
- Lowered on H&R's
- Yellow Center console and dash strips (Myself)
- Customer white decals on interior
- Black LED rear lights
- LED side lights with Osram Nightbreakers on dipped/main

On the to do list:
- Wheel spacers. They defo need pushing out
- Wheel refurb. Don't know where to go with this on colour. Keep the same, gloss black? Be bold and go yellow? I did see a set of alloys i liked on ebay which could look quite smart.
- Projectors. Some on ebay at the moment, but i'm feeling a bit skint. So i'll probably wait until they come up for sale in the future.
- New rubber. Dealer gave me 4 new tyres, but unfortunately, they're brand new budgets.
- Colour coded Door handle
- Upgrade head unit

On the wish list
- Full interior retrim. Defo some yellow stitching.
- Full SS exhaust system, keeping the slashed pips & a TDF remap.
- Paint correction. The scratches on this car annoy the hell out of me

On the maybe list (Depending where I go with the colour scheme)
- LY Spring Spoiler
- LY Side Skirts
- R3 chequered decals

Comments, criticisms etc always welcome.

See you at FCS
Pete

Last edited:
I think LY roof and cup spoiler will finish it off, looks cool though.

On the wish list
- Full interior retrim. Defo some yellow stitching.
- Full SS exhaust system, keeping the slashed pips & a TDF remap.

Comments, criticisms etc always welcome.

See you at FCS
Pete

I like the idea of it, and I like the centre console, door mirrors and front/rear badges, the front splitter may be a bit too much for my tastes though.

At some point at the end of the month I'll have a Milltek exhaust for sale as i'm taking mine back to standard.

I will NOT be getting a cup spoiler :tongueout:

I was possibly thinking about getting some LY decals to co-inside with the F1 ones?

Dunno, but it needs something else!

Awesome! Yellow badges i don't like but love the mirrors front splitter and diffuser!! Maybe the renault sport side skirts painted liquid yellow?

And yeah some form of spoiler maybe black though as like the ly round the bottom of the car.

Also love the rear lights :smile:

I quite like the tailights, but the yellow bits aren't my thing really. H&R springs are good too.

Awesome! Yellow badges i don't like but love the mirrors front splitter and diffuser!! Maybe the renault sport side skirts painted liquid yellow?

And yeah some form of spoiler maybe black though as like the ly round the bottom of the car.

Also love the rear lights :smile:

LY carbon skirts did cross my mind! Quite right as you say then, IF i needed a spoiler i'd stay with black. Trying not to need one tbh.

I like the rear lights, get some pics up of them at night if there LED, also whereabouts did you get them from?

with richy with the rear lights they look great,sprint spoiler in LY if you are keeping the wheels the same but if you are going yellow i think a black spoiler.

Wheels are obviously a game changer! Cheaper to get them powder coated, but nicer to get new ones.

I'd like something like these:

$%28KGrHqZHJBoE+NDEUrIoBP07nuepN!~~60_12.jpg

Found them on ebay, but apparently they're for an 09 onwards which is a shame.

I think the rear end needs colour up top when u look at it from behind...plus there's a ly sprint going cheap lol

I think you need more yellow on the sides to make it work better. Brakes callipers? R27 vinyl?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
1 Gallery 11
Glenn_Adam_Doble Spotted 0