Rogue's Turbo'd R27 - 306bhp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Update Time:

So things I have done this year (From what I can remember)
PF330mm brakes added for the front combined with the RC5+ pads I had on...offft!
EBC Redstuff rear pads and new OEM discs
V6 box/Varley battery
Ultra Racing front strut brace
All wheels refurbed
Calipers refurbed in gloss black all round with white vinyl. Had a full caliper rebuild as well.
HEL brake lines
200 Clocks fitted.
Black badge covers added
Wing mirrors plastidipped black.

So at the moment I have ongoing issues with Spray Shack about my spoiler. Not many would have noticed, but it wasn't quite painted correctly and I'm now being told that it will cost me extra to have it resprayed and the yellow band painted back on. I say it's on going because despite me trying to contact him I haven't heard from Simon in 2 weeks. So i'm unsure what's happening with my spoiler at the moment. I would like to keep it as is, as I really like it that way.

The caliper refurb was a nightmare. I used a company in Nottingham and their service was terrible. It was supposed to be a quick 3 days turn around service but ended up taking 3 weeks. I did get a full rebuild for free, but that was an absolute pain in the ass!

And to top it off, my gearbox has recently started to crunch. So I trekked it up to Nottingham to meet Chris who had a brand new one waiting for me that he'd gotten off eBay, complete with clutch, flywheel and slave cylinder. Have just been quoted just under 400notes to fit it all. So not too bad I don't think.

Also treated her to a nice oil change and fluid and only the best went in for my girl. (Or close too it anyway). I have Brands coming up and the brake fluid I used when I replaced my calipers was bog standard stuff, so that needed doing.
mhc9.jpg

Couple of the strut fitted:
l9gc.jpg

pnxg.jpg

I think that'll be all for a while. Gearbox is going to cost me a few quids. I'll be on the look out for some wheels & track day tyres soon. She also needs a full respray on the front bumper as well, which I'm not over the moon about.

Then work will start in the interior I guess at some point. Full leather coming my way!

Looking good Pete, sorry to hear of you calliper and spoiler troubles but hopefully you'll have the spoiler sorted soon.

I've heard really good reports about the Castrol SRF, has a ridiculously high boiling point so looking forward to hearing your report.

Sorry to hear about the gearbox mate, but at least you are fitting the revised one?

I don't know what's happening with Sprayshack tbh, I'm waiting for his reply as well but he still haven't got back to me, I'm emailed and text him but no luck.

Castrol SRF is the way forward with its crazy wet boiling points (hence it's price), something I'd have to do on mine, probably before the European track days.

And regarding the front bumper respraying....don't even go there!

You had troubles with your bumper Yiannis?

Just be aware for anyone that uses SRF, it only really has an 18 month cycle life before it stops being optimum cold.

Not hearing particualy good things about SS at the moment...it's a shame. Hes done a lot of work for me, and I've met him at a car show, hes a nice guy. But he's lost a customer for life.

No Pete haven't got issues with my bumper as such, its state is terrible that's all and needs spraying asap. But then I'd have to source the R27 sticker as well and it never ends!!

18 months is quite a long time for a brake fluid in a hardly drive performance car anyway, I change mine every year so that shouldn't be a problem:smile:

Re SS, I'm sure he is extremely busy with what he is doing atm but an ''update reply'' wouldn't go amiss...

I've been recommended a company in Essex, I've just dropped them an email. If I think they're reasonable, i'll drop you a PM and let you know how much. I'm hoping they can strip the bumper back and leave the F1 sticker on tbh....but we'll see.

But I think they're about £50 to replace, so it's not the end of the world as such...

Is it only £50 for a genuine one? Well that's not too bad, I thought it was around £100!

Yes please do mate, I'm interested in having this done. Cheers

I did have the calipers painted yellow, but I started to think about my re-sale value and got them painted black. I decided the black on yellow thing was too much of a required taste and I'm probably looking to shift the Clio on next year, so went down the sensible route lol

img20130427162619.jpg

Yeah, handles are a door card off job. Although I just taped the side of the car up and did it myself, and they turned out fine.

car looks fantastic here, hard as nails!

New rubber day today.

I picked up a puncture from Brands hatch, where the Toyo P4's did not like the wet at all. Spent most of the day drifting round. Opted for the Dunlop Sport Maxx RT's in the end. Partly because they had them in stock and partly because the PS3's were £134 each.

Plus Dunlop give you back £40 in fuel vouchers. Sweet! £460 lighter before Christmas...but at least I have half decent rubber on now.

Spoiler will be back to me in the new year as well. :001_wub:

Could be an interesting year for Marmite.

Ahhhh. An update.

It's been a highly emotional and frustrating year so far for the Clio. Blocked drainage holes in the scuttle panel lead to water ingress and an £800 bill to fix it. My manifold is cracked (twice) and my gearbox is shot. Here commence the endless debate with myself as to what to do with her. Sell, keep, sell, keep.

And so, a decision has been made. KEEP.

Not only keep, but upgrade. So here we go, the forum will be gaining another F4RT Clio.

So, now lots and lots of research begins. Angel put me in touch with Andy who had a 225 engine going. I was going to go with the 250, but not sure ill find one any time soon and tbh, I'm not wanting huge huge power. But I only want to do this once, so I want to do it right.

Any one with sound advice, please please drop me a PM. My single biggest issue at the moment is finding someone to do the work. I think RST will probably be the best shout for me, as there doesn't seem anyone down South that does this yet. Apart from ktec but that's equally as far way as RST.

The plan is to keep my Clio box. I have a brand new one sitting in the garage, but I plan on getting a Quaife put in before it goes on the car.

But ummm yeah. Let the games begin!

Good to hear you are keeping it:thumbup:If i was to go down that route it would be with RS tuning all the work they have done on mine has been spot on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
1 Gallery 11
Glenn_Adam_Doble Spotted 0